1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll be nice if they posed it in its clean look for one of these exhibits (I'm guessing there's a reason as to why so far they've only posed it this way so far)

My only issues with this figure are the gold diapers sticking out so much with the large gap between the legs and the groin. My other issue is how slim the figure is, it's actually a lot more bulkier in real life. It seems Hot Toys has a thing for making inaccurate proportions when it comes to Iron Man. One thing they could do to easily fix this is make the lower part of the torso bulkier, it just looks too damn slim.

Other than that, I can't wait to own this figure. The headsculpt is the best I've seen from Hot Toys. At least judging by the promo pictures.

My only issues with this figure are the gold diapers sticking out so much with the large gap between the legs and the groin. My other issue is how slim the figure is, it's actually a lot more bulkier in real life. It seems Hot Toys has a thing for making inaccurate proportions when it comes to Iron Man. One thing they could do to easily fix this is make the lower part of the torso bulkier, it just looks too damn slim.

Other than that, I can't wait to own this figure. The headsculpt is the best I've seen from Hot Toys. At least judging by the promo pictures.

DSC02369_zps2ba75ce9.jpg

it's the posing, I got the guys at Bugis to repose theirs to this so it there is no awkward gap...and besides, I'm sure they'll change the prototype to make it less...gappy

DSC02369_zps2ba75ce9.jpg

it's the posing, I got the guys at Bugis to repose theirs to this so it there is no awkward gap...and besides, I'm sure they'll change the prototype to make it less...gappy

Yeah I suppose. I wouldn't pose it in a way that exposes the gaps anyway, but it would be cool if they could figure out a way to make it less noticeable if one were going for that look.

not bad, why does tony have no armor on his neck?

HT still have the neck too long as usual

Because that's how it always is with him in the costume. The neck brace is added in through CGI. If you notice in the Avengers when they're on the plane with Captain America and Loki in the back seat. Be grabs his helmet and put it over his head, but before that, he has no neck armor and once he puts the helmet, it's magically there.

When he's actually wearing the armor prop like that in the picture, he doesn't have a neck piece. It's added in later.

Because that's how it always is with him in the costume. The neck brace is added in through CGI. If you notice in the Avengers when they're on the plane with Captain America and Loki in the back seat. Be grabs his helmet and put it over his head, but before that, he has no neck armor and once he puts the helmet, it's magically there.

When he's actually wearing the armor prop like that in the picture, he doesn't have a neck piece. It's added in later.

Yes but that scene is from the film so they've forgot to put the neck armor in with cgi was my point

I think the gap is there for the articulation in the legs but they could tighten it up a bit.

Still a great looking figure imo.

I know right :lol I was thinking of the May 3 US release after watching it again today.

~~~

I'm assuming it's due to them making different physical models of the suit for filming. :lol

Just saw this for the third time. XLII does have an awkward gap at the torso in some scenes.

3rd viewing? I was trying to catch up to you with a 2nd viewing today but instead I saw Oblivion (pretty awesome movie btw). Will watch IM3 a second time this friday. Not sure if I'm going to watch it again after that, I just want the blu-ray so I can enjoy it at home.

Other half is treating me to a second viewing on Friday :yess:

I suspect that'll be the last time before the Blu Ray for me though..

Other half is treating me to a second viewing on Friday :yess:

I suspect that'll be the last time before the Blu Ray for me though..

This is going to be your second viewing?

Damn all of you guy watching it for the second and even third time and we're stuck here waiting until Thursday night. :panic:

3rd viewing? I was trying to catch up to you with a 2nd viewing today but instead I saw Oblivion (pretty awesome movie btw). Will watch IM3 a second time this friday. Not sure if I'm going to watch it again after that, I just want the blu-ray so I can enjoy it at home.

Yeah, the third viewing didn't do much for me other than see more details I've missed before,
which can be done more easily by watching it in your personal BR. :D

Back