1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just had a minor heart attack when the retailer sent me an e-mail saying that this one was just posted for delivery. I mean, this is obviously a mistake. Or else I just slept for a whole year :lol

Ok, I totally agree that this thing is over-priced and will probably be a big paint chip nightmare but I don't see that the details are softer than the power pose figure. What am I missing? Any specific spots that stand out? Still not worth the money anyway.

Last edited:
A bad comparison using a proto image and two inhand pictures.

Not to mention the PI is a 1/4.

and the stand alone movie HOA displays are one giant piece. it doesn't represent the suit worn by someone very well, just a nice backdrop.

attachment.php

If they bulk him up for the final release I'll buy. But I think thats unlikely considering most armors are too skinny

tonight is the night, hope the movie turn out better than 2 :panic::panic::panic:

Man I can't believe it's one year away.. and even after the release it's another 1-3 months wait for me living in Europe... it's so disappointing. I want this figure now.. :gah: :lol

Why is Hot Toys having such a hard time getting the proportions right?
It should not be that hard. Are they doing it on purpose?

Why is Hot Toys having such a hard time getting the proportions right?
It should not be that hard. Are they doing it on purpose?

Well hot toys mentioned something in an interview about proportions being difficult to do given that if you refer to the film the character is cg so the proportions are off. Even in the comics proportions are way off because the artist tend to distort them to make heroes have more presence. Most artist will use a proportion of a human that is 8 heads high or more compared to a regular human of 6 heads tall. Various parts such as the heads, hands, forearms, and calves are also enlarged and a shortening of the torso is also often done.

If you go purely buy the movies iron man always looks stumpy when it is a real person wearing a suit rather than a cg version flying through the air. I'm sure if we wanted to be really picky there can probably even be a ton of differences between the movie version and statues that are displayed at Disney or hysan place becauseim guessing that those are commissioned to be made just for the exhibitions.

So I guess when it comes to super heroes proportions are something to be taken with a grain of salt.

Actually think Hot Toys looks better than the real thing in that picture :lol

The HT is more poseable, sure, but its too skinny and is looking like the mark V's silhouette.

I want my mark 42 to be chunky and looks solid like the PI version.:slap

the thigh armour is shorter compared to the real suit and PI's.

Back