1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's one thing I'm not sure I like with the articulation on these die cast figures. Getting the legs to push back up is kind of tricky. It seems like the easiest way to do it is to put the figure in almost a sitting position and pushing the button in.

That's it! Went right in, thanks for that quick response :hi5:..

Yes to every question. It was the left shoulder, it is a little loose compared to the right one.

thanks

Yes here as well. Both are loose (but stay on) and one off upon arrival.

Thanks guys, after further insection I guess they weren't magnetic after all. You just have to use slight force and they easily pop in place. =D

What's going on, mine still hasn't shipped yet. I am afraid sideshow will not answer my inquiry over the weekend nor will it be shipped. That's not good :/

Well sh**. That means I won't be getting it till in two weeks. Why would they do that though? I ordered really early...

Now I am in a tough spot. If the MK XLii is shipped on Tuesday, there is no way it will arrive before my business trip.
That means I will be out of town for several weeks and unable to pick the package up. Fedex will send it back to the USA resulting in exorbitant shipping and tax fees. Unfortunately, in the US monday the 1st is a holiday. And living in Europe I can't just give them a call tuesday morning.
I will have to cancel the order but I really don't know how.

Do you think I can cancel through email (I don't even have an email address of SS, only the contact form)?

Now I am in a tough spot. If the MK XLii is shipped on Tuesday, there is no way it will arrive before my business trip.
That means I will be out of town for several weeks and unable to pick the package up. Fedex will send it back to the USA resulting in exorbitant shipping and tax fees. Unfortunately, in the US monday the 1st is a holiday. And living in Europe I can't just give them a call tuesday morning.
I will have to cancel the order but I really don't know how.

Do you think I can cancel through email (I don't even have an email address of SS, only the contact form)?

[email protected] (Customer service)

[email protected] (Returns)

See contact info above. Can you not have the package redirected to a neighbour or relative when it is dispatched? I had that option through UPS here in the States and I believe it can be done with FedEx as well. I was given the option when UPS sent me the dispatch email.

Best of luck,

Curtis

After opening this last night and playing around with it a bit, I gotta say this is an absolutely stunning figure! A lot of pieces and pose options. This is now my favorite armor released so far. Lovin it!

Hmmm...I think I got charged for this but I don't have an invoice or a shipping notice from Sideshow yet...

Looks like they just cut out for the Labor Day weekend? :lol

After opening this last night and playing around with it a bit, I gotta say this is an absolutely stunning figure! A lot of pieces and pose options. This is now my favorite armor released so far. Lovin it!

Yes sir you are correct. I took off the day from work to wait for mine to arrive and "play" with it. :lol

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Great first post, welcome to the freaks. I remember seeing in optobotumus's review of the 42 that the arm kept popping out, its not broke like you say but it did seem a bit annoying to deal with when trying to pose.

I will have to look for that review. I'm not too worried about it because I usually pick a pretty basic pose and stick with it. He won't be played with too much.

:welcome to the forum and congrats!

That's 3 world class figures you have displayed there! :rock

How come you opted to use the articulated hand instead of the repulsor hand designed for that pose on the Mk 7?

Good question! :) I don't know why I did that, I think I had that hand on the figure before deciding to use that pose and I just swapped out the hand guard piece. I just fixed it though, thanks for pointing that out.

I also have to mention I love the boxes these new die cast figures come in.

So the ONLY issue my figure has (and I don't think i am gonna contact SS) is a minor scratch on the red shoulder part underneath the gold shoulder protector. When the shoulder is on you can't see it. I know it is there and it kinda bugs me, but not sure if I want to repackage him and send him back and wait for another (not even sure SS would do that anyway).

So the ONLY issue my figure has (and I don't think i am gonna contact SS) is a minor scratch on the red shoulder part underneath the gold shoulder protector. When the shoulder is on you can't see it. I know it is there and it kinda bugs me, but not sure if I want to repackage him and send him back and wait for another (not even sure SS would do that anyway).

I have that as well on both shoulders. You cannot see the scratches when the shoulder bits are on. But as you said I still know it is there. I am just going to deal with it and consider it battle damage. I have some little dings elsewhere as well.

I have that as well and some paint transfer/removal from the left die-cast shoulder armor coming out during shipping. No worries. Unless it's a major issue, I'm content with mine. Just glad to finally have it in hand. These things are like a new car, huh? We worry and are disappointed by the slightest scratch or scrape, but in the end, it's not that big of a deal.

Beautiful!

Thanks! It is a beautiful piece. Here's another of IM being creepy :)

15081215591_d3a810cbaa_c.jpg

Back