1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh, hate it when a photo set is posted, takes forever to get down to the bottom of the page on my phone, haha

Funny that HT dumped the Die Cast labeling on the shipping boxes after the War Machine II. It had the large lettering and the Die Cast series stamp on the outer packaging. Both Iron patriot and now Mark XLII have traditional writing on the brown shipper boxes.

More of a observation than a nit pic, but HT could at least be consistent on their package series. Don't think that would have been a large expense to absorb but who knows. Perhaps an issue with the printing press and not making up the stamps.

Funny that HT dumped the Die Cast labeling on the shipping boxes after the War Machine II. It had the large lettering and the Die Cast series stamp on the outer packaging. Both Iron patriot and now Mark XLII have traditional writing on the brown shipper boxes.

More of a observation than a nit pic, but HT could at least be consistent on their package series. Don't think that would have been a large expense to absorb but who knows. Perhaps an issue with the printing press and not making up the stamps.

well thats a keen observation..... it does not bother me though

Perfect, no. Pretty damn awesome, absolutely:yess:

Thor was a hit, Cap a foul ball and Mark 42 another hit......2/3 isn't too bad an a average I suppose.

6a853733gw1ei48bptm0oj20vi1b911r.jpg

Wow! What a stellar figure! So sharp! Funny to think last Spring, people were swearing up and down that Die-cast was going to completely ruin these figures...this is hands-down the best-looking Iron Man figure yet!

I can't decide if I want to preorder this or stick with my preorder of Gigantic 1995 Godzilla. Obviously Godzilla will cost more after shipping.armor turned out really nice. I wasn't liking this Iron Man at first, but after seeing all of the detail this thing has, I really like it now. Makes me wish I hadn't ordered Silver Centurion.

Looks like they saved the best Diecast for last :yess:

Robocop isn't out yet?!?!

This looks insane. The details that they achieved with die cast is just fantastic, especially the mechanics in the arm socket section. They really knocked it out of the park. The only thing I don't like is the thin waist/torso.

Also, anyone getting this, be careful. The shoulder looks fragile as hell.

image.jpg

This looks insane. The details that they achieved with die cast is just fantastic, especially the mechanics in the arm socket section. They really knocked it out of the park. The only thing I don't like is the thin waist/torso.

View attachment 119109

ouch! what did you do? :horror

So tempted to get one early from HK- but these are going for $475.00+ from most sellers. I already have 2 on order for SSC for retail price ( I think it's $310).
I will just have to wait until August, and be happy with the Silver Centurion Exclusive I got from Timcent today (missed the exclusive from SSC).

Plus Mark XX Python will be over $400 if the SSC exclusive sells out fast and I miss getting one.

Turned out nice. Shoulders look a little wide in some shots and the panel lines seem too much for my taste, but otherwise looks pretty good. Too bad I'm not a fan of the armor design, the IP and WM Mk2 figs impressed me more and I didn't even spring for those.

6a853733gw1ei48bptm0oj20vi1b911r.jpg

Wow! What a stellar figure! So sharp! Funny to think last Spring, people were swearing up and down that Die-cast was going to completely ruin these figures...this is hands-down the best-looking Iron Man figure yet!

Damnit the temptation is real! Haha. And i know its a damn good looking figure when i thought iron man 3 was just horrendous.... and STILL want this damn thing. Lol. I need a cheaper hobby.

Damn it, I want this.

I have nothing on PO except Robocop for this year. And that Keaton PF that might not even make it....

Must resist.

View attachment 119109
Ouch! Thanks for the warning; hope that doesn't become a trend.

The long and thin waist/torso bothers me as well; they're still not really getting the realistic proportions. My only other complaint is that the skinny neck seemed concealed on the prototype and the final figure is very much like all of their past Iron Man figures, aka pencilnecks.

This and Robocop were the two figures I ordered last year; the last Hot Toys purchase I received was the '89 Batmobile last August, so I'm very much looking forward to finally receiving a new figure.

Does this Mark XLII come with more pieces than the Mark VI BD? Outside of the stand this may be the most customized and most accessories a individual armor has had. Just wish the legs had some BD thigh parts to round out the damage.

Back