1/6 Hot Toys Exclusive - Star Wars - Shadow Trooper Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've gone through the motions and almost canceled my PO for this guy 3 times so far but I haven't gone through with canceling yet. I keep thinking that once I do I'll regret it the second you guys are getting yours delivered and I'll end up paying scalper prices.

But for one thing I'm starting to not see $220 worth of product here and he's not really visually interesting. Kind of just a blob of black. I have the hasbro black series shadow trooper and I was super excited about him until I had him on my shelf and he's no where near one of my favorites.

Hey hot toys, why do we have to wait so damn long for the white trooper?????

take your time on it HT, i need all the time i can get to make the payments for 12 white stormies.

So I've gone through the motions and almost canceled my PO for this guy 3 times so far but I haven't gone through with canceling yet. I keep thinking that once I do I'll regret it the second you guys are getting yours delivered and I'll end up paying scalper prices.

But for one thing I'm starting to not see $220 worth of product here and he's not really visually interesting. Kind of just a blob of black. I have the hasbro black series shadow trooper and I was super excited about him until I had him on my shelf and he's no where near one of my favorites.

Its waitlisted, so obviously = worth keeping. :lol

It wasn't a special edition. The white Barbie was just on sale. Ppl buy them more so they were cheaper/and discounted. Like wtf does it have to do with racism? Ppl.need to lay off the goddamn race card. It's beyond stupid in some instances

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I know, that is why I stated there was "no indication" it was a special edition.. either Target shouldn't stock the figure because it doesn't sell as well ..or they stock it and charge the same price.. that subject is way too much of a political hot potato, to leave to plain old economics.
Target should have seen that PR train wreck coming from a mile away.. blatantly obvious is blatantly obvious.. however Target 'suits' can console themselves with the fact they are not the only Corporation struggling to walk, talk and chew gum at the same time -

BBC News - Tesco 'gifts for boys' sign removed after girl's complaint

Yep, that's my impression of it. I think it would basically disappear on the shelf. I just don't find the design benefits from the colour change, at all.

In regards to the regular ST, I'm sure there's lots of reasons why it's coming in the summer. Even just thinking about booking the factory time to produce them, there is a big difference between making a small run like this and maybe tens of thousands for the regular.

Yep, that's my impression of it. I think it would basically disappear on the shelf. I just don't find the design benefits from the colour change, at all.

In regards to the regular ST, I'm sure there's lots of reasons why it's coming in the summer. Even just thinking about booking the factory time to produce them, there is a big difference between making a small run like this and maybe tens of thousands for the regular.

I think it would be a little more interesting with some grey areas like the Utapau Shadow Clones had, just something to give it some visual appeal/diversity.

No conversion for mine ordered the morning of the 8th. I just got an e-mail from them suggesting I might want to order the Wolf Clone while I'm waiting.
:gah:

Target shouldn't have to change their policies to something "non-economic" just because of whiny fanatics making absurd accusations about race. Are the customers racist too because they prefer to buy a white Barbie? If race wasn't a factor, shouldn't half the aisle be black Barbies since there'd be a 50/50 chance which version someone would buy? Maybe Al Sharpton can shake down Target for a big payout because half their Barbie aisle isn't black Barbies. And Target can ignore the economic reality and fill their aisle with half black Barbies just to be politically correct no matter how much money they lose on it. Or maybe stop carrying Barbies altogether because it's just too much hassle. Because giving up our freedoms in response to nosy complaints from race-obsessed hustlers is always the "right" thing to do.

If the only thing differentiating two dolls' price at retail is skin color, there is certainly something racist going on. How this even gets into a black stormtrooper thread is even dumber.

I already have a few Shadow Troopers / Blackhole Stormtrooper collectibles. No need for another one. Easy pass

From Toy Soul.

shadowtrooper.jpg

I dig it too! I'll be keeping my PO. I will display him with Vader(weather it be HT or SSC version) and one white storm trooper. My 1/6 axis of evil lol welcome to the darkside.

Back