1/6 Hot Toys - Episode VI: Return of the Jedi -Han Solo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut-n-sew look standard, so do the accessories. Sculpt is average. I just don't see the "it was supposed to be an Artisan" here.

Although I do agree that Artisan will likely blend into Standard over time, much like DX.

But right now, I'd expect a lot more from Artisan. A lot more.

I think because his hair is more medium in volume so some probably wanted that. Plus the type of base they are using was shown with Anakin. I'm happy we even got a Han and I'm definitely excited for this.
The base being an indication that this has an Artisan edition has no logic. It's the same style of base they've started using with Darth Sidious and C-3PO.

The base being an indication that this has an Artisan edition has no logic. It's the same style of base they've started using with Darth Sidious and C-3PO.
Could just be a new type of base. Who knows why many thought this should be an artisan release.

For me it's really just the pants, and probably the shirt if you aren't too picky about accuracy. For ROTJ there's obviously an ANH-style vest instead of the ESB blue/grey jacket, the boots are pretty easy to match anyway and the belt has many subtle differences ESB vs ROTJ (front buckle being most obvious.) Blasters are also noticeably different ESB vs ROTJ if you know what you're looking at.

The pleather pants belt is a nice part score too though - the HT ANH one has deteriorated for many people by now. Buy you another 6-8 years before this new one degrades too. :lol

I've never really researched enough but Han's ESB and ROTJ shirts (at least the shirts he wears the majority of the time) always look somewhat different to me: the ESB shirt seems fairly bright white with large lapels whereas the ROTJ shirt seems more of darker taupe color with smaller lapels, though the dirty/unfrozen shirt he wears on Tatooine is pretty close to a match to the ESB shirt.

What's odd is that frozen in the solid carb block Han wears his ANH shirt, which has no lapels (and is more of a yellowy color though obviously you can't see that) but it turns back into the ESB shirt again once he unfreezes. :lol

Anyone have the sideshow Endor commandos? Been thinking about getting them to go along with this Han?

What's odd is that frozen in the solid carb block Han wears his ANH shirt, which has no lapels (and is more of a yellowy color though obviously you can't see that) but it turns back into the ESB shirt again once he unfreezes. :lol

has-solo-cloud-city.jpg

main-qimg-f59c52d93b06b99eff801fd49d3c6362-lq

That is odd....

has-solo-cloud-city.jpg

main-qimg-f59c52d93b06b99eff801fd49d3c6362-lq

That is odd....
The shirt had only just changed so I guess the FX guys didn't get the memo. And the body cast wasn't Ford (Bossk/Bespin guard actor Alan Harris) so he wasn't there to point out the error.

The FX/2nd unit guys frequently used incorrect props/costumes - Luke's gloves in the Wampa cave close-up inserts (which are rebel trooper gloves with the giant comlink,) his lightsaber in the ATAT cable disconnect insert shot (which fortunately isn't visible onscreen but is seen in BTS pics and easily could have been visible.) It's also unclear why the ANH Vader helmet appears in just one shot in ESB, likely 2nd unit.

Its likely the continuity and prop/costume people had already finished work on the movie so FX/2nd unit would just go pull various props/costumes without someone who knew what had been used. Yet even within the main production, stuff like Luke's Hoth boots change drastically from scene to scene.

Back