1/6 Hot Toys - Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - Doctor Strange

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprised how it turned out. I was on the verge of canceling it but decided not to. Although the movie wasn't the best I think this is a good version of his outfit.

It's a really good version of his outfit, probably his best so far. Would have loved to have had this with the yellow gloves but I don't think we're ever gonna see those again. Tempted to pick this one up to have as the definitive Strange.

I actually really liked the movie, especially when I got past them going the way they did with Wanda.

It also helped that I totally skipped all but one of the trailers, so I wasn't pulled into that blackhole of imagery expectations that many found themselves in.

This looks fantastic. I’ve got the original but none since. That third eye sculpt is really tempting. Too bad I’ve just come off a ridiculously expensive holiday week :)

Anyone know why this is so pricey? That's probably why not too much discussion on the release and the fact that the costume isn't too different from the last releases

I will be getting him but waiting for some discounts..

Anyone know why this is so pricey? That's probably why not too much discussion on the release and the fact that the costume isn't too different from the last releases

I will be getting him but waiting for some discounts..
I think it's because it just happened to be announced at a bad time, in which inflation, material prices and everything were at a real high. The Cobb Vanth figure is also ridiculously overpriced compared to other comparable figures that came before and after.

First and only video review I have seen; Sideshow didn’t even do a First-Look video for some reason?

Spoiler alert; it’s the best Doctor Strange! I actually didn’t even realize this is the first time he’s had ankle articulation until Justin pointed it out.

First and only video review I have seen; Sideshow didn’t even do a First-Look video for some reason?

Spoiler alert; it’s the best Doctor Strange! I actually didn’t even realize this is the first time he’s had ankle articulation until Justin pointed it out.

As always, make sure you do your own research and are comfortable with this link before opening this video.

I think it's because it just happened to be announced at a bad time, in which inflation, material prices and everything were at a real high. The Cobb Vanth figure is also ridiculously overpriced compared to other comparable figures that came before and after.

Cobb Vanth telling me Cobb Vanth is ridiculously overpriced hits hard.

Yeah... I still pre-ordered the figure though. I really want it in my collection, but the price is rough. I've PO'd the ROTJ C-3PO for less where usually die cast figures are a lot more expensive.

Diecast Iron Man figures were a lot more expensive. 3PO was priced a bit more sanely. Which just furthers the argument that Diecast is just another marketing sham. It’s cheap pot metal anyway.

They priced Iron Man figures at $400+ because they still sold well for a time. But they (correctly) didn’t expect as many people to shell out the same amount for 3PO as iconic as he is.

Worked out for us at least.

I have to say it is a great looking figure. I'm toning down my Marvel collection but I keep coming back to this and thinking I should get it.

The review was good too. It seems like Justin isn't hamming it up like he used to do. His voice sounds more calm and normal. I watched it in full, with the sound on and didn't skip anything,. Haven't done that in a long time with his reviews.

I have to say it is a great looking figure. I'm toning down my Marvel collection but I keep coming back to this and thinking I should get it.

The review was good too. It seems like Justin isn't hamming it up like he used to do. His voice sounds more calm and normal. I watched it in full, with the sound on and didn't skip anything,. Haven't done that in a long time with his reviews.
Well he’s not under contract to do stupid voice anymore lol. He was giving us Aussie’s a bad name. Now I need to go and take a closer look at the review.

I have this on pre-order with CollectorZown. They were the last to sell out and I had a discount code. I plan to display it with Dead Strange looming behind him. Those will be my only remaining Marvel figures, at least for now.

The older I get the more I appreciate Dr Strange as a character. He worked for all his power, no inherent talents aside from his intellect and perseverance. (If this has been retconned in the comics, to say he was born “part magic” or whatever, please do not tell me.)

Plus I just love the escapist fantasy of having the time and focus to learn a new skill.

Back