1/6 Hot Toys - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Ghost Rider Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much every Hot Toys fig that I've purchased since they increased in scale (they started getting bigger with Man of Steel figs) has had this taller rectangular stand, or another stand of about the same height.
The fancy stands do seem to make for an awesome foundation with character, but I feel they take away some of the attention the figures should get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot toys decides to replace the boring oval stands and I'm glad they did. More bang for the $ in my opinion

Last edited:
Hot toys decides to replace the boring oval stands and I'm glad they did. More bang for the $ in my opinion

I'm not sure how a black rectangle is less boring then a tapered oval. To me the original looks much classier, the new rectangle stand just takes something away from the figure and looks cheap. If hot toys wants to make dio stands that add something to the figure, that would be cool, but these rectangles just look like they weren't even trying, it's just a really poor design that makes your figures look out of scale. If hot toys would have made the new rectangle stand the same height as the original and made the stand taper from smaller at the top to larger at the bottom, it probly would have been an improvement, as it is, it looks like crap.

I'm torn with stands, and I think Hot Toys is too. On one hand, it's nice to have stands with some personality, that tie into some iconic scene of the character. On the other hand, if the stand doesn't stand out, you notice the figure more.

At least third-party stand replacements are pretty cheap!

All of my figures are displayed on the black round ones made by Coco...for me, its all about the figure.

With those big stands it's hard to fit more than one figure in a detolf. I wanted to put this Ghost Rider on the same detolf shelf as the Hot Toys Doctor Strange and Hot Toys Blade, but the Ghost Rider and Doctor Strange have bases that make that a problem. I may have to buy a few generic stand from onesixth.

Pretty much every Hot Toys fig that I've purchased since they increased in scale (they started getting bigger with Man of Steel figs) has had this taller rectangular stand, or another stand of about the same height.
The fancy stands do seem to make for an awesome foundation with character, but I feel they take away some of the attention the figures should get.

I think it really depends on the stand, the Daredevil and Punisher stands sort of add to the figures, the wet sidewalk look and all.

I might be nuts. But for the price point of these figures now days, is it to much to ask for a regular oval stand to accompany the fancy stands?

I might be nuts. But for the price point of these figures now days, is it to much to ask for a regular oval stand to accompany the fancy stands?

This would be the perfect way to make everybody happy, and it would only cost hot toys a couple dollars at most. Many collectors have been collecting hot toys for years and it would allow new figures to look like part of the same collection with matching stands. I would gladly pay an extra $5 to have my choice of stand.

Just got the email for "early processing". Not sure about it, after what happened with Doctor Strange.

I had to push my final payment back due to unexpected medical bills but If I have some extra funds I can spare before 10/25 I will most certainly pay it off early.

Back