1/6 head questions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FAL5E

Freaked Out
Reaction score
what size bit on my dremel should i use to drill out the bottom of a resin head? should i be using any other attachments on a dremel?

Depends on the body. Buck vs. Dml ect... I use a small drill bit to center everything then move to a stone bit w/ an angle.

Hey mate, what body is it going onto? I recently had to do one to fit onto the HT TT. All i did was, by hand, with a fresh new drillbit, run a 3/16 size down into the head, then, an 8.5mm, then with the little orange stone wheel on the dremel, i wittled down the neck connector, around the edges, so it was just one straight line. Then just cut the end of, so it would fit into the neck, slide it in, checked it fit ok, then just glued the whole thing on. Worked a treat

thanks for the responses!! yeah i started with a drill bit in the center and then angled bit to make it bigger. just seeing if there was a faster way but it seems i am on the right track haha.

does anyone know if resin dust is really bad to inhale? should i be using a mask of sorts?

It's not good to inhale, alike to fibreglass, but the particles shouldn't be that small, it's the real tiny stuff you have to worry about. If you were sanding it, on the other hand, that type of fine powder dust is nasty. As said, a mask won't hurt, but it should be fine. Plus, it's limited exposure, not repeated. It definately doesn't smell good though, i HATE that smell. I'm in the car building industry and have always despised it lol :p

Back