1/6 hands which is bettter hard resin or rubber

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimespliTT

Super Freak
Reaction score
having hands made for a character and I know rubber is more flexible but does it tear, fade or should I go with hard resin hands to be safe.

depends...are the hands going to be used to hold accessories? if so, you'll have a heck of a time trying to get them to hold something if made of resin.

Last edited:
yes, the hands are being made to hold a gun.

considering resin is typically a hard material with limited to no pliability, I would think the paint would potentially /eventually rub and or scratch off with frequent use, especially when putting the gun for the first time into the hand. entirely up to you, but I would try to have the hand printed/made in the same or similar material to what most figure hands are mad of these days. I'm not sure what material that is but it's pliable and durable enough to withstand lots of use

There is a product sold by smooth on it's a semirigid which is flexible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rubbery hands are better... no matter what you do with painted hands there is always a risk of paint transfer or damage between hands and accessories. But with the rubbery ones you have a little more give to the material which lessens that risk and you can swap them out easier if you have more than one set.

Back