1:6 Gimli Custom - How To Guide...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Bump" because while Mod doesn't hesitate to sticky LOTR Bragging rights threads, this one seems "less important" despite me having 5 IMs (AIM/YIM) yesterday asking about this thread and not wanting to sift through the many, many, many :)lol) pages in the regular Custom Gimli thread. :(

Shovelchop81 made a gimli with real hair. If you click to the last pic in his gallery gimli is in the middle. Nice job shovelchop!

You make it look so easy---
For people without the talent ---much easier to ask --Why don't you make this and sell them to people like us?

Hey guys is this what you mean by the rotocast Gimli?

https://cgi.ebay.com/TOYBIZ-THE-LOR...0?hash=item1c01a16e34&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Now the trick is to find a DID...

Nope,
that's not it...

This is it:

rotkrotogimli.jpg

Many thanks for posting this tutorial. Amazingly (to me anyway) I managed to get hold of all 3 of the donor Gimli figures, for reasonable (well, reasonable in the UK) prices and I'm making good progress on building the custom version. I would really like to be able to use one of Entropy Chicken's headsculpts, but haven't had any luck finding out if he still has any for sale.

Many thanks for posting this tutorial. Amazingly (to me anyway) I managed to get hold of all 3 of the donor Gimli figures, for reasonable (well, reasonable in the UK) prices and I'm making good progress on building the custom version. I would really like to be able to use one of Entropy Chicken's headsculpts, but haven't had any luck finding out if he still has any for sale.

Now that the "demand" is over, the pieces should start showing up again. TA's had some spare bits up on their website for a while now too.

thenammagazine said:
Now that the "demand" is over, the pieces should start showing up again.
Yes, there still seem to be pieces available, but some of the prices are quite high. I nabbed the last DID Gimli from a shop in the UK for £15, so I was quite pleased. I've finished most of the bits, just have the head left to repaint now. The one I bought was cheap but damaged, so I had to repair it with modelling filler and milliput.

I just realized that I never posted my finished Gimli:

IMGP25371.JPG

Very nice work, Pix. The Gimli 1/6 project is well worth the effort of tracking down the necessary parts. The kitbash isn't all that complicated to do, and the end result is simply stunning.

Sorry, i'm not an experienced collector so this question may shock you, what does DiD stand for?

Sorry, i'm not an experienced collector so this question may shock you, what does DiD stand for?

Dragon in Dreams. They're an Asian company that produced some of the earlier LOTR 1:6 figures. The face sculpts are simply horrible, and the base body isn't all that great (or in a proper scale), but they have decent outfits and great accessories; many made of real metal or wood.

Back