1/6 funky coloured socks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Movie accurate 1/6 Joker socks

Your absolutly right, and I apologize.

My problem simply is the work. We have a big emergency here, talking about a really heavy amount of money and if I see it correct, I am the man in charge. :lol In the last 48 hours I was around 38 hours in this office, just taking breaks for eating, coffe and SSF. It is 1 am now overhere. I am honestly done for today and will go home now. Most of the work is done so I am pretty confident I will be able to do the rest tomorrow for being in time on Friday. I have really forgotten how tough this office-life can be but I enjoy being back now that my studies are comming to an end. :yess:

Anyway, pics will come in about an hour. :)

Your absolutly right, and I apologize.

My problem simply is the work. We have a big emergency here, talking about a really heavy amount of money and if I see it correct, I am the man in charge. :lol In the last 48 hours I was around 38 hours in this office, just taking breaks for eating, coffe and SSF. It is 1 am now overhere. I am honestly done for today and will go home now. Most of the work is done so I am pretty confident I will be able to do the rest tomorrow for being in time on Friday. I have really forgotten how tough this office-life can be but I enjoy being back now that my studies are comming to an end. :yess:

Anyway, pics will come in about an hour. :)

No worries, I am just being a joker :p

Last edited:

Ok, didnt work yesterday. Was just too tired. When I came home yesterday I thought it was a good idea to rest for 5 minutes on the couch. Next thing I saw was my girl waking me up to go to work. :lol

Anyway I took the SDcard with me so here are the pics:

Please remember that the fabric is wrong. The later fabric will be a little thicker and stretchable to make the legs look thicker. Right now it is just for the pattern (colours and size). Unfortunatly it is impossible to do fullsocks with this fabric soI can only show tube right now but I think you get the idea. When you look at the Nurse Jokers right foot you will see a black sock. This is the fabric that will be printed in Joker pattern. So this is basically what I planned. These are the two smaller patterns, I have 2 more that are a little larger but I think the one Joker is wearing is pretty accurate in size (?)...

The smallest pattern is a little larger than the one from Hot Toys but definitly too small. Just included in the pic. The one he is wearing seems pretty good from my view.
img1605r.jpg

Here you can see it cut down to the correct length. Colours match to where they are in the movie...
I like this cloth for the tubes somehow. But it definitly is too thin for these shoes. The shoes arent 100% movie accurate (HT has more boots than shoes here...) and it looks simply stupid with so much space in the shoe left...
img1606u.jpg

Just because its a cool shot.
img1607d.jpg

I did cut the tube a little too short as you can see here. You will get it a little longer. The black full sock shows the fabric it will finally be made of. Of course it will be shorter but yet stretchable which will help to cover those HT joint and because it is thicker it will add some volume to the leg and close the gab on the shoes. (Hope this is understandable). BTW as you can see I cut the black line at the top of the sock. This is just because I did a very raw quick stitch. The final sock will be sewn around as HT did but it will have this black line which was in the movie too.
img1608rs.jpg

Just to give you the idea of the final look.
img1609lc.jpg

So what do you think guys?

1.) Is the patterns size correct or too small? (I also have larger pattern)

2.) Do the colours match? (I still can change them)

3.) Do you have any further ideas for improvement?

Lets discuss! :)

Movie:

jokershoesza8.jpg

Last edited:

Some movie stills that show that the height seems to be pretty accurate. Maybe it just looks too short because I am used to the HT socks that are a little longer (see very first pic). I will make the tubes for whoever wants it that way a little longer. If later desired it shouldnt be a problem to cut them.

jokersocksstills.jpg

Last edited:

The color and scale look spot on. Nice job King. :clap

Put me down for 1 set of tubes and 1 full.

Extremely well done!!! what a tremendous difference.

Here's another pic of the socks (you might already have) KingGrayskull:

joker7.jpg

img1606u.jpg

Looks pretty damn accurate to me and definitely better than the POS socks HT offered TWICE (v.1 AND the DX) which aren't even remotely close to the correct colors. :lol

Love it :)
Great job buddy!

Extremely well done!!! what a tremendous difference.

Thank you guys! :1-1::hi5:

Here's another pic of the socks (you might already have) KingGrayskull:

Looks pretty damn accurate to me and definitely better than the POS socks HT offered TWICE (v.1 AND the DX) which aren't even remotely close to the correct colors. :lol

Thanks Devil, I havent had these pics yet. I tried to concentrate on movie stills to get it as accurate as possible. Nevertheless these look great. Do you have the pic from ebay? I was always searching for a decent pair...

I prefer the orange they used because it is not so shiny. What do you guys think? Change colour or leave it as is?

- I will leave the proto open for discussion unteil Wednesday Sep. 29. After that I will order the final fabric. So there is enough time to discuss - :)

I think they could be a bit thicker, but I am down for them!

1 tubes, 1 full!

Just can't get over how great those look King.

AWESOME!

Glad you like them that much buddy. I hope these will turn out that good after the fabric switch.

They look really, really sick! Great work mate

:hi5: Thanks

verybody who is on the list will get a PM when his socks are done, so payment neednt be made before. If you decide to not want them it is fine, but I would appreciate that people who are on the list and know they dont want them to let me know as I have to order the correct amount of fabric. Thx in advance :)

Back