1/6 Figure Stands

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keysta75

Super Freak
Reaction score
I don't know if this was stated before but I was wondering to all my fellow freaks out there which do you prefer your 1/6 figures with or without stands. A friend of mind said and I quote " Makes it looks corny, I think it takes away from the display and realism these figures provide". I personally don't mind the stands. I've seen a lot of Great pics on this forum with 1/6 figures on their stands that made me want to buy and display that way. Any input from my fellow freaks is welcome.

I always use figure stands - mainly since it prevents my figs from shelf diving. I've grown to like them now, and if you futz with how the metal part wraps around the figure, often times you won't even see it. Plus this way, you can get some of Evilface's brilliant decals.

i hide the metal rings so well that it just looks like a figure standing on a base.

plus, those blank HT stands leave lots of room to add your own logos for customizing:
IMG_0871.jpg

Yeah, shelf dives are a risk I'd rather not take. Even in my Detolf I display with stands, unless I'm running out of space.

I use them as well... as you get more expensive figures they also seem to come with more fragile pieces. So I've been using Stands for almost all of my figures. I actually like how they look, give some sense of uniformity.

some figures struggle without a stand some dont- my HT robocop happily stands on his base stand in a detolf without the need of the metal rod around his waist-the same with IM MKIII-no need to place that horrible metal thing under his nuts-he stands fine on the baseplate without it and it also stops the risk of the metal scratching the figure!

i can quite easily open my detolf without these figures falling over! my figures without the groin/waist part are posed with one foot on the baseplate to help them to be more sturdy!

i personally use the stands on most figures but cant stand seeing it wrapped around the waist. when possible i just turn the wire around and hook it through a belt or something so it has something to secure to.

I go back and fourth. Right now I'm 100% stands. I do really like the under the crotch HT stand. Even though I can't hide it like the around the waist version I still think it's cool that figures rest on top of it.

All stands all the time. Even if a figure is awesome in balance and stands sturdily on its own I would use the stand.

here's a few with the stand I need one for my way of the dragon bruce lee he fell twice
KEY5.jpg

key4.jpg

key3.jpg

key2.jpg

key1.jpg

my collection is just getting started

Stands for me as well. Helps the figures not fall over which could happen when less expected. And some of the new HT stands are really neat (see the Predator stands)

Same here, use stands. Don't want any of my figures to take a nose dive, plus I like the fact that I can get Evilface's decals for my custom figs :D

I use stands for all my figures. Can't even give them a chance to fall over at an inopportune time.

I have a few that I don't have stands on, but not many. I use them more so than not. And like the rest I hide it best I can.

i personally use the stands on most figures but cant stand seeing it wrapped around the waist. when possible i just turn the wire around and hook it through a belt or something so it has something to secure to.

I do the same, its pretty easy on most figures to hide the stand.

I use the stand on all my figures, but I don't like it. The ones that fit around the waist pinch the clothes a little too much, and sometimes the black rubber tips are hard to disguise or hide. The round base also takes up much room, but I guess that's okay since it holds me back from overcrowding them and gives them each some space to breathe. Overall I like the Hot Toys stands better cos the crotch wire is a little less intrusive and the oval base takes up less space--although Iron Man is the only Hot Toys I've got. But ultimately I figure I'd rather see the stands than see a broken figure that had fallen!

I use em as and when it's required. I like the new crotch stand better than the waist one. However, I also like the medi stands which are made in clear plastic. I wish HT would look into something like this. A new figure stand that uses a crotch system and is made in clear plastic! give us some options

Back