1/6 Episode III Obi-Wan IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Obi-Wan IMAGE Thread

I had a hard time chosing Obi's hair color and eye color. In the end, I just decided what I like on him. I also agree there is no absolute correct of those hair/eye colors (I am jedi not Sith :p), unless you can meet Ewan in poerson on the set.

Some very cool offerings here. I'm as jealous as hell as I still haven't received my Obi wan!

There is one thing that bothers me about the faces being painted - a very small detail. Why hasn't anyone painted his small beauty spot / mole on his right cheek? It is there in quite a few stills! This was the first thing I planned to do with mine when I saw the repaints.

(sits back to await the influx of modded heads...)

I've seen publicity shots of Ewan McGregor where he has appeared to have blonde hair, brown hair, and red hair. I didn't even recognize him in the "Duel of the Fates" video from Phantom menace because his hair looked so red. (He is hanging with Lucas during the composing of the music and is at the control panel with him). The guy probably has a reddish tinted hair that he dies various colors and when the light hits it it changes. That tends to be the case with red hair.
So therefore.. YOUR ALL RIGHT. It's all up to your preference and what you think looks good.

Fantastic repaints guys, I love seeing them. There is a lot of talent here. This is the first thread I check when I am online. Keep em coming. :chew

Ok, so I'm kinda late in the game but here's my Obi:

obikitmj9.jpg

Sorry about the bad image quality but I only have a webcam at my disposal.

My first non-exclusive. But that's OK, I'm very glad to have him. He's really awesome, and once again I HIGHLY recommend redressing the figures once you get them, it'll make the clothes so much better. He's also really easy to pose.

I just ordered this guy FINALLY.(medicom comes first)
Everyone seems to think he's great and i'm a kenobi fan so i had to have em. and 42$ from alterego is not bad.Pics when i get it!(now bring on EP1 kenobi.)

A little bit late but here is my Obi-Wan repaint. There has been a lot of discussion about what color his hair should be. The fact that it changes througout the movie doesn't help. I decided to go for a color that I liked and that I felt gave off the Obi-Wan vibe.

I repainted his hair with several different shades including, brown, red and blonde. I redid his eyebrows, eyes and beard. With the beard I reduced the sharp line at the top of the beard and tried to have it "feather" down and get darker the further to his jawline I went. I noticed that Ewan McGregor doesn't have a full beard and the hair growth is lighter on his sides then his chin, where it seems to be thickest.

I also used lighter shades in his beard then his hair and added more grey and blonde to his upper lip since this seemed to be the way his beard appeared througout most of the film.

obiwan6d.JPG

obiwan6b.JPG

obiwan6c.JPG

obiwan6.JPG

Last edited:

I finally got my Obi today and my word he is a nice figure.

Possibly edging Sith Anakin for my favourite of the line (that is until Josh 'mustafarises' my new Sith Ani anyhow...)

Really, really pleased.

Apologies for my lack of pictures chaps I'm in the process of sorting out my display room and I'd rather stick up pics of the finished thing.

DavAnthony said:
A little bit late but here is my Obi-Wan repaint. There has been a lot of discussion about what color his hair should be. The fact that it changes througout the movie doesn't help. I decided to go for a color that I liked and that I felt gave off the Obi-Wan vibe.

I repainted his hair with several different shades including, brown, red and blonde. I redid his eyebrows, eyes and beard. With the beard I reduced the sharp line at the top of the beard and tried to have it "feather" down and get darker the further to his jawline I went. I noticed that Ewan McGregor doesn't have a full beard and the hair growth is lighter on his sides then his chin, where it seems to be thickest.

I also used lighter shades in his beard then his hair and added more grey and blonde to his upper lip since this seemed to be the way his beard appeared througout most of the film.

I have to say, of every repaint I've seen of this figure, yours is the closest I've seen to the right color choices.

MaulFan,
Thank you, I spent alot of time when I was doing a 3.75" custom of Obi-Wan in trying to figure out what hair color looked the best and seemd to be the most constant througout Ep III. I had also done a repaint on the Ep II Obi-Wan awhile back and pretty much based this custom off of that one also.

Thanks again for the comments
Dave

Thanks for the advice. I made more money tonight at work than I expected so on the way home I stopped at the all night tobacconist that also sells Sideshow figures (I don't know why either).

After I got Luke, I didn't think I'd collect any more. Han was disappointing. The Jabba and army builders left me cold. And why would I possibly want anything from the prequels?

Because this figure is so perfect. It even beats Luke. I don't own any Hasbro prequel toys. Not a one. But after this thread and a month of staring at it in the store, I had to get this guy.

Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan is the one saving grace of the trilogy for me. So I'm really glad I got him at his peak (although part of me wants a changeable head with an Episode II mullet! :maul )

This may be the best Sideshow figure I ever got (beating CSM!) Thanks again! :chew

cool, obi is definitely the best of the line so far , IMO.

Wow! That's really neat DA! It's awesome how much it looks like Guinness and McGregor! I imagine your client will be very pleased. Solid work. Did you dye the cloak darker too?

Kinda makes me wonder if Ben ever had any "adentures" during his time spent on tattooine, or if he just talked to Qui Gon and perhaps Yoda for 18 years. :lol

Oh, and doesitmatter, GET HIM!!! He's really GREaT!!!

Back