1/6 Episode III Obi-Wan IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Obi-Wan IMAGE Thread

comic1.jpg

comic2.jpg

comic3.jpg

comic4.jpg

comic5.jpg

Thanks, this is my favorite one, because of how well it blends, and because it's my favorite image from ROTS.

a.jpg

MaulFan, you need to buy DarkArtist's Burnt Anakin and have him fight Obi. Awesome job man :chew :chew

maulfan, u keep toppin urself with every figure thats been out with ur skills, man!!!fantastic work..MOST IMPRESSIVE!!!!:emperor

wow, that was very fun to see :D
it was like the movie but with figures :D

maybe a figure-stop motion animation aint a bad idea hee hee

MaulFan said:
Thanks, this is my favorite one, because of how well it blends, and because it's my favorite image from ROTS.

a.jpg
That is my fave as well (from you and from the movie, and his how I have my OB1 posed).

TOE said:
MaulFan, you need to buy DarkArtist's Burnt Anakin and have him fight Obi. Awesome job man :chew :chew

Or MaulFan could always do the burnt costumes entirely in Photoshop and save money! :)

Here's an example of how it came out when I did it:

obiwan_composite11.jpg

I've done some photoshop burning before on Obi-Wan, I actually at one time did the Mustafar duel as a small highlight real, then I talked with some people over at the RS forums and I decided I wanted to do the entire duel from the Jedi temple holo playback to Anakin's mechanical arm clenching into the ash at the lava river, which is very ambitious and I got caught up in some things and haven't finished it just yet, and now I'm onto Maul so I'll be finishing up Duel of the Fates first, it's a much shorter Duel, and in that one, a lot of shots weren't very big on faces so there were points I skipped a lot of frames because they weren't good to copy, but the ROTS duel is all about the characters and faces and interaction, and I think when I was done with screen grabs it came out to about 90 frames I'd be doing, and I've done maybe 20-25 so far, so, work ahead, but DOTF is coming along well so that won't be too bad, plust with that fight Maul and QGJ are the only figures, so I'm skipping frames of just Obi-Wan, where we have ROTS Anakin and Obi so I can do it all.

Great stuff, Maulfan! Too bad Anakin's lipstick makes him look like The Crow in some of those. But that was fun to see!

Those pictures are awesome! Makes me want a SS Grievous. :D How do you get such high-quality screenshots?

Cagoda said:
Those pictures are awesome! Makes me want a SS Grievous. :D How do you get such high-quality screenshots?

I would assume he gets them from the DVD. That's where I get mine from, but MaulFan could have a better, higher-resolution video capture program.

Cagoda said:

I work on a PowerMac G5 with 23 Inch Flat Panel Display, so at full screen, my DVDs playback large and then I just use a standard screen capture program. The stills don't look so great at full res, it's meant to be watched from quite a few feet back where it looks ok, just not up close, but what you see of mine is about 1/3 or less the size of the original still, so that makes the quality look much nicer.

MaulFan said:
I work on a PowerMac G5 with 23 Inch Flat Panel Display, so at full screen, my DVDs playback large and then I just use a standard screen capture program. The stills don't look so great at full res, it's meant to be watched from quite a few feet back where it looks ok, just not up close, but what you see of mine is about 1/3 or less the size of the original still, so that makes the quality look much nicer.

So the size of your pics are directly related to the monitor size and resolution? Nothing extra special besides that?

One thing that's bugged me is that my DVD screen grabs are only about 900 or so pixels wide, and I've wanted to get a larger grab. But I also have a 19 inch LCD flat panel, so that makes sense.

Would a widescreen monitor help even more then, I assume??

Back