1:6 Ellen Ripley Portrait (New Pictures Added 9/9/2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1:6 Ellen Ripley Portrait

The Ripley body is an older model. The ball joint is the same size, but the older head will not seat correctly on a newer neck and vice versa -- there's a GAP issue. I've already let SnyderMan know this, but I don't know what they plan. Unless everyone here has an older Ripley and wants to keep that body, it might be better to fit it to a contemporary TrueType. The older body's feet are different from newer ones, too.

I'd get this version :

:monkey5 :love :naughty

Seriously, the 1rst Alien with this jumpsuit would be great :

Try this on for size:)https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160490198122&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

And I think this needs posting for those that hav'nt seen it:)
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/p2JqrL8gzGY?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/p2JqrL8gzGY?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Have been after a good sculpt of ripley for a while for an original alien figure after seeing fml's one.
I like your alien 3 sculpt, looks spot on to me, not so keen on the aliens sculpt tbh, might look better painted, but look forward to what you come up with for original ripley.
pm replied;) thanks gruff

Last edited:

And I think this needs posting for those that hav'nt seen it:)
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/p2JqrL8gzGY?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/p2JqrL8gzGY?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

What head is that video talking about, the "Sideshow Female Buck head"? What head is that? Anyway, it looks really close to Ripley.

Sean

Last edited:

The Ripley body is an older model. The ball joint is the same size, but the older head will not seat correctly on a newer neck and vice versa -- there's a GAP issue. I've already let SnyderMan know this, but I don't know what they plan. Unless everyone here has an older Ripley and wants to keep that body, it might be better to fit it to a contemporary TrueType. The older body's feet are different from newer ones, too.

Thanks,
i'm trying to visualize what you described lol
I don't get how it can't work if the ball joint are the same ^^

Can't wait to see the painted aliens HS
But i'm already sold on it.

It seems to me that Alien3 sculpt was much-much-much more better looking. The new face-lines looks very wrong according to Movie 2, too sharp. Especially chin. I think that a lot of work needs to be done, but that we'll get awesome head after all. I'm in for 2x. if it becomes better. ;) Also, still hope to see version for Hot Toys, hope that guys will help you to get body for making it. Keep it up!

46492225.jpg

Last edited:

What head is that video talking about, the "Sideshow Female Buck head"? What head is that? Anyway, it looks really close to Ripley.

Sean

Found one on ebay there are a couple about, dunno if the heads are available seperately or not but is a good likeness.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sideshow-Fig...164?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f5a8aee4
The alien 3 head on this thread is the best I've seen so far and hope the original ripley head will be of the same quality and I'll be down for one for sure:)

The only issue im not sure about with your headsculpt is, if the sculpt is for a hot toys female body then it shouldnt have a neck sculpted on it as all of the female hot toys bodies have pre-existing moulded necks.

How would you get around that?

The only issue im not sure about with your headsculpt is, if the sculpt is for a hot toys female body then it shouldnt have a neck sculpted on it as all of the female hot toys bodies have pre-existing moulded necks.

How would you get around that?

I brought this up earlier and Josh did say he would address it; even made arrangements to get an HT body I believe. So hopefully this won't be an issue by the time it's ready for us.

I brought this up earlier and Josh did say he would address it; even made arrangements to get an HT body I believe. So hopefully this won't be an issue by the time it's ready for us.

Ah lol, sorry to repeat you, havent been able to keep track of the posts lately.

We have made arrangement to procure a HT body so that won't be an issue. Here is the Aliens (Alien 2) version painted:

Picture025.jpg

Picture026-1.jpg

Picture030-1.jpg

Picture027-1.jpg

Picture029-1.jpg

Picture028-1.jpg

Last edited:

I like the face but not keen on the hair and looks like a wig just stuck on, sorry but my honest opinion.

Excellent work! Looking foward into getting these. Any plans on doing a resurrection Ripley?

Put me into list for 2x painted "Aliens" heads and 1x painted Alien3 head, all for HT_TT body, please. Highly interested to get them!

Really cool.
I'm in for one unpainted Aliens.

Snyder-Man,
You said it's gonna fit a HT body but will it be an old female body (like the original ripley) or a more recent one (sarah connor or abigail Whistler).
Like Silentsurfer explained those two have differences.

The more I look at it the more its growing on me.
Maybe by adding some extra scruffy hair, to look more mesy or maybe using real hair might be an option with a bald alien 3 version to get the spot on ripley.
As I said the face is great looking forward to original rip:)

Really cool.
I'm in for one unpainted Aliens.

Snyder-Man,
You said it's gonna fit a HT body but will it be an old female body (like the original ripley) or a more recent one (sarah connor or abigail Whistler).
Like Silentsurfer explained those two have differences.

It will be made to fit the HT Ripley or just a standard 12" figure. That is to say, we will do 2 versions.

Back