1/6 DX12 or 1/4 QS001?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most likely, I'll be sticking with 1/6. I don't really have the space for 1/4 scale. The Enterbay Batman is tempting, but I'll wait for in-hand pics until I decide.

Who knows what quality the 1/4 scale will be. It looks great in pics with the proto now, but I'd personally hate to sell off my 1/6 figures to solely own this one and it be a QC nightmare.

I'd say play it safe and stick with what is a safer bet, as far as quality is concerned.

Personally i dont have a collection. I bought the first HT TDK batman simply because im a huge batman fan. Im selling that one and still trying to make up my mind on either the 1/4 or 1/6, but leaning towards the 1/4 simply for potential higher detail and accuracy.

Honestly I'd stick with your DX01 and just add the DX12.

I agree with Knowledge. Unless you really like the DX11 sculpt or clothes.

I mean.. Joker is the Yin to Batman's Yang. Good and evil. If you get the QS, down the line you will regret not keepin a Joker.

When your friends see that huge Batman, the 2nd question will undoubtly be "Wheres Joker"?

Besides.... Joker is pretty colorful and eyecatching in the collection.
A sharp blend of purple, green, yellow, white, red, blue, and brown. Looks especially nice amongst characters that predominatly wear Black.

1/4 HT easy. Display him with the sonar-head if the HS isn't improved. (although I think you could get a good pose out of him by using PERS, angling his pupils to the top of his head, and moving his neck down)

I've been having the 1/4 vs 1/6 dilemma rage in my head for months and months. I've settled on 1/4 for tons of reasons...

a) Presence/Detail/Realism/Wow-factor
1/4 scale pieces are inarguably better-looking. The way the clothes sit, the paint finishes, how they look under controlled-light. Hot Toys may not be upping their sculpting game as much as hoped, but their pieces will get better with time I'd guess. Meanwhile Enterbays T-800 is leagues ahead of Hot Toys Arnold-esque efforts.

b) 'Finality' - no need to collect 7x characters from a movie, just one or two will do at this scale. Stops you feeling the need to own 10 variants of Iron Mans suit.

c) Price. Fewer releases, mean easier to keep up with. Stops bad purchases that you end up selling later on. I think collecting 1/4s will work out alot cheaper than a 'collect them all' 1:6er.

The cons for me were space (inc. limited display options) having to pre-order to afford and waiting! Although i've seen a good looking cabinet on Ebay for a reasonable price that should hold 1/4s. In my book, you own less quarters than sixes, so the overall space a collection would take shouldn't be much more.

Well , I'm brand new to this and seem to be a bit all over the place. I originally po'd the Enterbay Joker and the HT QS001 Bats.... I returned the Joker for QC issues. Now I have the 1/6 HT Joker 2.0 on PO. Wondering how to display that. .. I'm looking at my Batman 1:1 bust as I type this and awaiting my PF Batman Statue.... Think I have every size covered :panic:
I don't think I answered the question :thud:

why not get both? I was torn between DX-12 and Avengers Thor to which my wife replied why not get both. I love this woman!!!!!!

Back