1/6 DX12 or 1/4 QS001?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would take the two figures over the one, but that's me. It all depends on just how much you like the Joker.

I think displaying qs far from the 1/6 scale is the best way. However, if you want to buy only batman will be not a problem. For me this is the best trilogy batman by far, and it will worth it to having batman bale in qs, since its almost contain everything in the trilogy of batman.. To be honest im having dx12 in po.. Still thinking to get this one depend on the price.

Looking over the Joker again i think i'll be getting the two DX's but if the black stand can come off the QS base i'll be getting that.

I'd love to get the QS too but one Batman is it for me, one thing i've learned from getting a bunch of Iron Men is having too many diminishes the importants and precense of them individually.

I wish more people realized this. I never understood people with the 4 or 5 interpretations of the same character. Its like you said, ruins the importance of that one character.

In response to the original question, the DX 12. The 1/4 batman is great and there really aren't any negatives about it in terms of quality or looks but I believe that it is just way too over the top. A batman that big looks like too much to me. I'd be much more happy with the DX Batman, which is still pretty large by toy standards, and if you wanted you could always pose the Joker with him or by one of the various vehicles.

It's been said already, but IMO TDK was all about the Joker - I wouldn't have a display of Bats without Joker.

Well, since you'd be selling your jokers in order to get the 1/4 I would personally go the DX 11 and 12 route. That way you have a companion piece. That's just my thought though.

Really Need a pic of the 1/4 next to a 1/6 to really visuaise the size difference.

I don't understand the 'getting both' mentality, it's the same version of the same figure, just a size difference and whats included, there's no need for both for me atleast.

An example:
529854_10150631890837344_58690437343_9401778_1378874773_n.jpg

but there are more.... EB's 1/4 Bats/Joker/T-800/Rambo too

Finally decided, DX12 for sure. Will the let the EB 1/4 Batman represent Begins while the 1/6 offerings from HT represent TDK/R

I choose 1/4 over 1/6 because of details .

I will get both 1/6 for Photography , 1/4 for Display .

the 1/6 has better bale HS and you can easily make a customise Bruce Wayne. but 1/4 has so many display options....

Here's one of the many deciding factors for me when considering the two options, the Bale portrait:

DX:
545012_10150915281447344_1946807421_n.jpg

QS:
376738_10150955930512344_92304700_n.jpg

To me, despite having the larger scale and obviously greater amount of detail, the QS portrait isn't as good, now alot of what sells the DX portrait to me is the expression, they captured bales usual slightly opened mouth expression that really nails his look. The QS has elements of his face but the lower portion starts to go off and i don't like it. Considering this is essentially like an upsized version of the DX and it allows them to do more since its a larger size they should have done better, and maybe they will but as of now i'm not sold. Even the bat heads don't seem to have as good a likeness, and i'm not even that happy about the DX faces, but the QS seem even worse.

Theres also the issue with real estate, i can't commit large amounts of space to display things, and a 1/4 figure is alot of space to commit, and when considering a display, i can fit two to three 1/6 in the space you'd put one 1/4, and i'm gonna be happy to have my DX bats, Joker, and Bane, and maybe even catwoman on a shelf together that a 1/4 scale probably wouldn't even fit on simply because the shelf's not tall enough.

I have concerns that this new 1/4 scale will be the next step in the evolution of action figure collectibles. I was a big collector of 6" toys and then got a bug for 1/6 with sideshow and eventually hot toys, this was to due with the amount of detail and articulation and realism you could get with that scale compared to the latter, and now this new one seems like it could do the same, but much like jumping from DVD to Blu Ray, i'm not ready to replace my entire collection.

Back