1/6 Dragon Toys - Batman & Robin - Dr. Zero (Mr Freeze) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes sense; he's cold all the time. It's bound to get nippy in that suit.

This looks quite crap tbo and the shoulders are laughably oversized, which throws the entire figure off. Asymmetrical boot design because... who knows?

Dragon Toys are making that wonky looking Sauron as well. They seem to epitomise the quality that we used to associate with 3P figures. However, times have changed and we now expect better than they appear to capable of offering.

Upon closer inspection, it's even more inaccurate than I thought.
View attachment 664166
It's like Mr Freeze designed from a memory of the prop suit or with just a few glancing views to get the generalities down.

Lots of missing or incorrect armour details, proportions and shaping off all over the place, wrong textures, and misinterpretted features.

I can't support this level of close-enoughery.
One of things you see and wonder what the hell they were smoking when making the figure.

Like what references are you looking at to get it so wrong and yet still base the design on it? Really bizzare. Like the shoes, were they sculpting it and then just said "**** it, make them asymmetrical and have them BOTH be inaccurate in design."

c2705f8c1e72f5dcc70056fdf2310828.gif

Might there way of trying getting around the copyright of it all.

"our figure is clearly not a representation of your on screen character WB, nothing to worry about here" 😅

Am I the only one who is pretty drawn to this figure? :ROFLMAO:
I know its not a particularly screen-accurate figure, but its visually impressive nonetheless and honestly could make for a good generic Mr Freeze - hell with a couple of small alterations [add a dome/colour the goggles red] could be a great [but not Schumacher-specific] Freeze

Ah... no wonder Mars posted its Freeze render again.

This doesn't look great... but I do like the light-up/glowing effect... and with Mars going dark on its Q&A regarding Bat villains this may very well be the only Mr. Freeze we get. Pending price, like Eternal's Penguin, I'll likely buy.
I pulled the trigger and pre ordered him,and the eternal penguin I hope I made the right choice,I got like six figures ordered omg I'm addicted and I'm gonna be in debt,is this normal guys,I have 12 figures so far and I'm just into it now.HELP!

Am I the only one who is pretty drawn to this figure? :ROFLMAO:
I know its not a particularly screen-accurate figure, but its visually impressive nonetheless and honestly could make for a good generic Mr Freeze - hell with a couple of small alterations [add a dome/colour the goggles red] could be a great [but not Schumacher-specific] Freeze
No you're not I pulled the trigger on it you could read my other post I hope I made the right choice I think it looks cool even though the movie was crap it was part of my childhood and I'm into this 1/6 collecting thing now. I guess I'm all in now. You know what I enjoy it and I have no Hobbies,, so I don't care I'm going to enjoy myself no one has to like it but me.

Is there another armored version being shown somewhere? I don’t see a thread. Even though it looks to be woefully screen inaccurate I’d still pick it up if it’s the only one offered. It’s not like there’s going to be a TV screen playing beside it. I’m also planning to buy the SooSoo robed version.

Is there another armored version being shown somewhere? I don’t see a thread. Even though it looks to be woefully screen inaccurate I’d still pick it up if it’s the only one offered. It’s not like there’s going to be a TV screen playing beside it. I’m also planning to buy the SooSoo robed version.

It's the only one at the moment, although Mars keeps threatening to make an Arnold Freeze... but they only show a render of the sculpt now after 6+ months of showing an actual printed sculpt. Honestly, the print from March looks better than the new render.

Did Mars ever hint at trying to make a armor? Wouldn't be surprised if they were only planning to do the robe version. If I was them, I'd try and get ahead for once and work to get that 2 face and Cat woman out.

This doesn't look bad. If I were to look at this figure and think about the movie from memory, this would be very accurate in my mind.

It's the only one at the moment, although Mars keeps threatening to make an Arnold Freeze... but they only show a render of the sculpt now after 6+ months of showing an actual printed sculpt. Honestly, the print from March looks better than the new render.

Was it SooSoo or Mars that teased the Freeze in armor? Or both?

I thought I saw an unpainted armor in the background when one of the companies was showing a closeup of Arnold's head sculpt.

Tempted to PO the Dragon Mr. Freeze but have a feeling their version will be inferior to future versions (if they ever come to fruition).

Was it SooSoo or Mars that teased the Freeze in armor? Or both?

I thought I saw an unpainted armor in the background when one of the companies was showing a closeup of Arnold's head sculpt.

Tempted to PO the Dragon Mr. Freeze but have a feeling their version will be inferior to future versions (if they ever come to fruition).

Yep, SooSoo teased an armored Freeze as well. I’m holding off for theirs considering how bad Dragon’s looks, and meanwhile Mars is essentially in the NFT business.

99AB82DC-7A20-4FEA-B5A6-505CD7A2DC0A.jpeg

Yep, SooSoo teased an armored Freeze as well. I’m holding off for theirs considering how bad Dragon’s looks, and meanwhile Mars is essentially in the NFT business.

Painful how true that is. Although from what people say SooSoo is also very slow right now.

Back