1/6 1/6 DIECAST Iron Man 2 WAR MACHINE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
someone made the comment a ways back that his arms look like monkeys arms, and i see what they mean. is it the elbows are to thin, making his armoured pods look too big ?

The Mark 3 doesn't matter, as long as they scale a new version of the Mark 6 to match it properly is all that I care about!

12314122_936337563068619_9016579091313128950_n.jpg

Great shot, pity the elbows look skinnier than the original.

With him being even taller than the first release, the Mk3 is going to look ridiculously short next to this guy. I expect WM to be a bit taller than IM but not that much taller.

image.jpg

Look at how the aou mark 2 is bigger than the original mark 1, all the Diecast armors are bigger and more screen accurate than the originals. The Diecast mark three will be perfectly in scale with the Diecast mark 1 and aou Diecast mark 2. I always found it odd that the armors weren't any bigger than a standard 12 inch figure, it is armor after all, it should add size and they changed the paint so it would match the aou mark 2 and the CW mark 3. I am loving this!

Question: If you had a choice between this new diecast WM Mark 1 or the WM (AoU) Mark 2......which one would you pick? I'm leaning more towards the Mark 1.

AoU WM owner here. It's a great armor and I love it. That being said, I would much rather have the diecast Mark I if push came to shove. No contest. Mark I had a badass battle scene with the drones and it's the most iconic looking WM.

Going over these pics again and again the only thing i fancy is the battle damaged parts. I dont like the size difference, the elbows. Darker paint job is decent but not for the price, and once again i dont give a rats ass about it being metal.

someone made the comment a ways back that his arms look like monkeys arms, and i see what they mean. is it the elbows are to thin, making his armoured pods look too big ?
Yep. There's no armor piece on the backside of the elbow so all you see is the thin joint. Causes the forearm to look like gorilla arms. The original figure had some armor piece in the back.

So anyone have a picture from the same angle of the diecast MkIII IM with the first release of WM MkI? I'd like to get and idea about how these two might look together and if the diecast MKIII looks way too short next to Diecast WM MkI?

He still looks amazing with all of the comparison pics thus far. I'm glad he's bigger with richer colors than the first. Excited for this one.

I don't see monkey arms. What I do see, because of the size of the armor and the guns, is more reminiscent of Popeye arms. But I'm okay with that because that's how it's supposed to look.
Ryan

Sorry I should've been more clear, I was referring to the IM DC Mk3 which is a bit shorter than the Mk43, not the upcoming CW WM Mk3. I was planning on displaying the IM Mk3 and WM Mk1 together, the height difference is going to be pretty staggering.

perfectly happy with my original version

especially considering it was under $200 at release at the level of detail in the design still rivals many of HT's new figs

Since I have the original, I wasn't going to get this... Then they release the comparison shots, and now I must have it... Better scaling, better color, chest isn't as wide, arms a bit longer... Now looking at the original makes me sad.

Sorry, but I'm with BeefEaster on this one. I bought the original new @4 years ago off eBay for $179. This looks very nice, but IMHO the improvements/extras don't warrant a 100% mark up vs. the original. But congrats to those who missed out the 1st time around and are getting it. :clap

This is the ONE figure I wish I'd bought years ago, and had decided to pay the over inflated price finally - once Christmas was over. You have no idea the joy when I got the email announcing the pre-order :clap

This is the ONE figure I wish I'd bought years ago, and had decided to pay the over inflated price finally - once Christmas was over. You have no idea the joy when I got the email announcing the pre-order :clap

You'd be able to get the Oder release for bottom prices since this has now been announced.

Looks the same, it just doesn't have the 30% diecast this one has.

But that doesn't matter once they are on the shelf.

Yes he will look odd next to the other armors. Also I bought the first War Machine from someone on the forums for $280 in 2013. True it was more expensive than when first released, but it was in line with other armors' pricing at the time. And I also still paid much less than what this one is going for.

So anyone have a picture from the same angle of the diecast MkIII IM with the first release of WM MkI? I'd like to get and idea about how these two might look together and if the diecast MKIII looks way too short next to Diecast WM MkI?

From the pics posted in page 55, I think the Mk3's height will reach around eye level for the new WM Mk1, basically about half a head shorter.

Back