1/6 1/6 DIECAST Iron Man 2 WAR MACHINE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may stop purchasing the diecast figures due to the increasing prices. They may feel better in hand, but when you have them displayed they don't look any different from plastic figures. This would be an instant buy for me if it were around $250-$275, but I don't want to pay a premium anymore just because something is diecast.

This is a shame. I was almost positive j would pre-order this day one. But at that price I am going to have to wait for a sale or for more reward points to stack up.
It looks great in the pictures and some nice extras, but it's just too much. Luckily I doubt it will sell out any time soon so I have time to consider it.

like many (i suspect) i have moved away from the 1/6 scale in favour of premium format figures. despite hot toys being poseable, most people tend to pose them how they want them and then they stay like that forever, so the ability to pose is minimal. and with hot toys prices hitting the same level as premium format, its a no brainer as far as im concerned. premium format figures look much better, you get more for your money and the poses are more dynamic due to there being no moving parts.

as others have commented, there is indeed something monkey like about his arms. cant quite pick what it is, perhaps the arms themselves are too skinny.

It certainly is frustrating to see prices go up like this. That said, fewer people are buying and stock seems left over for some time on many items. Hopefully this releases early in Q3 and I can exploit the US/AUS exchange rate by getting it on PC during Black Friday.

as others have commented, there is indeed something monkey like about his arms. cant quite pick what it is, perhaps the arms themselves are too skinny.

Looks like the movie stills I'm seeing.... :dunno

War-Machine-in-Iron-Man-2.-Photo-credit-Industrial-Light-Magic-Marvel.-2010-MVLFFLLC.-TM-2010-Marvel.-All-Rights-Reserved-64-960x540.jpg

up_6.jpg

This looks nice, very nice. Enough difference between the plastic and die-cast, but I just don't think with our current CAD to US $ I can swing this. Maybe down the road with a heavy discount, if it ever gets to that point.

I feel you man, I never thought I'd have such a huge interest in the strength of the CAD! Really keeping my fingers crossed that there's a shift in our favour before HB comes out! :pray:

Instant preorder :yess: finally :impatient: This looks so awesome! I can't believe they actually included the battle damaged armor and mini gun :panic::panic::panic: I was in for an instant preorder before I saw that, thank you hot toys!

I can't believe anyone is surprised at this price? I thought this was gonna be 340-350 with a standard base and no battle damaged armor. So for 359 with a diorama base and Rhodey sculpt and regular and battle damaged armor and mini gun, this is a pleasant surprise for me!!!

This thing looks cool with the battle damage parts, but with the $20 plus shipping charge that this is going to have, $380+ for this absurd pricing! Are people really going to pay that for this?

It's only $10-$15 than the HT Optimus Prime. You did seem to be ok with that.

How's this different?

If people pay the price, then it's worth the price.

If they don't, it's not.

Pretty simple. Vote with your wallet.

Insert 10 pages of griping below...

Yep, rewards points make it a lot more attractive. Have enough at the moment to get it outright but I definitely want to think it over before committing.

I wouldn't worry about it selling out, Firefly. Almost no figures do, anymore, and even then they tend to go in and out of waitlist, first. This price is going to keep most of the casuals away, I would guess, too.

So true. And I don't think I saw an exclusive so waiting it out until the dust settles with all these new releases makes it easier to make that decision down the line.

Can't wait to get this for around $300! Or never. Whichever comes first.

If people pay the price, then it's worth the price.

If they don't, it's not.

Pretty simple. Vote with your wallet.

Insert 10 pages of griping below...
I bought the AoU WM at full price with a monthly code, was worried it might sell out being a SS exclusive. Probably a month later it was 20% off. Not making the same mistake again.

Definitely getting this but I'll wait and see what happens.

perfectly happy with my original version

especially considering it was under $200 at release at the level of detail in the design still rivals many of HT's new figs

Back