1/6 1/6 DIECAST Iron Man 2 WAR MACHINE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And lastly the calf pieces that magnetize, there was originally supposed to be a feature where they drop down to recreat WM taking flight, and the feature is even in the official photos, but its not mentioned in the instructions and the magners dont hold well enough to stay on when I try to lower them, not a major issue but a small bummer.

You can make them hold just a touch lower than the photos:

fb6813966059b49be8b10db341201d15.jpg

Lol, stupid Pug hair :p

Sure--sorry for the low light phone pics.

2b319c7a1c925c272c2c5f629728fb5b.jpg
a684917dae6bd417c53cce8c62ecc03b.jpg
085708905fe541aa8f0ac843fd187f65.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Nice setup. For my detolf, I’m thinking of just going to my local glass shop, and getting thicker glass shelves made. Hopefully I can put three iron mans together without worrying about it crashing.

I have War Machine 1, 2 and 3 all in the same shelf. All diecast. Never any hint of a problem.

Exactly. I don't get why people think the shelf will collapse under the weight of a few hot toys figures. A few ounces of diecast added to the plastic iron Man figures doesn't make them as heavy as some would like to believe.

I’m not saying to do this but it would seem a few hot toys shouldn’t be an issue.

f08f6e26404c26680795334fe32c1004.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shrug, I've seen multple examples of Premium Format figures breaking detolf shelves, so that 70 pound image doesn't compel me at all. I'm happy to respect the manufacturer's recommended shelf load even if it might be conservative.

Shrug, I've seen multple examples of Premium Format figures breaking detolf shelves, so that 70 pound image doesn't compel me at all. I'm happy to respect the manufacturer's recommended shelf load even if it might be conservative.

Exactly. Sure it can hold a hefty amount of weight "now" but overtime, if you exceed the allowed load- eventually the glass will crack.

Collection shots with this one always look so good. Unlikely, and I'm sure it would tick off current owners if they did, but this is one I'll always harbor hope they bring back someday at retail price. WM Mk1 will probably remain my top HT that "got away," back in the distant steam-punk year of 2016ish, when I only had the cash for 1 of these and for some reason I got Armored Batman instead of this. :Flush

Exactly. I don't get why people think the shelf will collapse under the weight of a few hot toys figures. A few ounces of diecast added to the plastic iron Man figures doesn't make them as heavy as some would like to believe.

Agreed, but I think one thing to keep in mind is the stability of the figures. Some people have eschewed the bulky round stands that came with the early diecast figures (MK III, Mk XLII, Iron Patriot, WM Mk II) in favor of space saving crotch-grabbers or the like. If one of these fall over on glass shelf, that may be enough of an impact to fracture the shelf. None of my diecast figures are on glass shelves. Most are in a separate cabinet with laminated wood shelves, while the rest are on either the bottom shelf or the top of a Detolf.

Agreed, but I think one thing to keep in mind is the stability of the figures. Some people have eschewed the bulky round stands that came with the early diecast figures (MK III, Mk XLII, Iron Patriot, WM Mk II) in favor of space saving crotch-grabbers or the like. If one of these fall over on glass shelf, that may be enough of an impact to fracture the shelf. None of my diecast figures are on glass shelves. Most are in a separate cabinet with laminated wood shelves, while the rest are on either the bottom shelf or the top of a Detolf.
It's also important to remember the tempered glass usually doesn't crack: it shatters. So if there's any impact significant enough to damage the glass, the entire piece may be compromised.

I'm always very careful to ensure figures are secure, as even a normal figure could suffer a paint scuff it were to fall over--and for the diecast figures, I stick with the obnoxiously large stock stands and their waist clamps.

Collection shots with this one always look so good. Unlikely, and I'm sure it would tick off current owners if they did, but this is one I'll always harbor hope they bring back someday at retail price. WM Mk1 will probably remain my top HT that "got away," back in the distant steam-punk year of 2016ish, when I only had the cash for 1 of these and for some reason I got Armored Batman instead of this. :Flush

By the time this comes back retail will be $800. Might as well buy it now.

I finally managed to get one of these for $650.00 used. Yes I know it was way above retail, but I was comfortable paying that price. Considering most on eBay are going for over $700.00 now.

I finally managed to get one of these for $650.00 used. Yes I know it was way above retail, but I was comfortable paying that price. Considering most on eBay are going for over $700.00 now.

I scored a deal ( well you would not think so a year ago or so ) but both Die Cast MK6 and War Machine MK1 Die Cast both for 1500.00 AUD.

I consider it a deal because these puppies are going for over 1000.00 AUD each or worse. Most expensive on I saw was over 2000.00 AUD.

I do not know why or how someone considers these figures to be worth more than 2000.00 , are they AFA Graded ? were they the first to run off the factory ? were they touched by Downey JR and Don Cheadle ? nope probably none of those .

I saw a TOOL trying to sell Rey from force awakens on her own for 3,000.00AUD , i asked him if it was signed by Daisy Ridley he said no , so I told him to get " well and Truly " F'D.

I scored a deal ( well you would not think so a year ago or so ) but both Die Cast MK6 and War Machine MK1 Die Cast both for 1500.00 AUD.

I consider it a deal because these puppies are going for over 1000.00 AUD each or worse. Most expensive on I saw was over 2000.00 AUD.

I do not know why or how someone considers these figures to be worth more than 2000.00 , are they AFA Graded ? were they the first to run off the factory ? were they touched by Downey JR and Don Cheadle ? nope probably none of those .

I saw a TOOL trying to sell Rey from force awakens on her own for 3,000.00AUD , i asked him if it was signed by Daisy Ridley he said no , so I told him to get " well and Truly " F'D.

congratz on getting these figures!

Exactly. This figures value is so high right now because so few people are willing to part with him. I know he'd be one of the last to go if I ever sold off my collection. I think it's one of the rare instances in collecting where the figures value is based on it's quality rather than it's rarity.

Exactly. This figures value is so high right now because so few people are willing to part with him. I know he'd be one of the last to go if I ever sold off my collection. I think it's one of the rare instances in collecting where the figures value is based on it's quality rather than it's rarity.

Honestly I think it’s a little of both, quality and rarity. Much like the new Iron Man Mark 5 which has skyrocketed in price, there wasn’t a ton of hype for this WM when it came out compared to other figures that were hitting around then. Everyone was obsessing over the BvS Batman figure at the time, and I remember this WM barely getting any mentions in the figure of the year thread. I actually sold my BvS Batman so I could get my hands on a Mark 1 right when it was selling out. I just kept thinking, after owning the Batman as well, that this War Machine was such a superior figure that clearly the only reason it wasn’t getting more mentions as the top figure for the year had to be because not as many people had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep...of all my HTs figures I own I think this one takes the mantle in terms of quality and build...nothing compares!

Back