1/6 1/6 DIECAST Iron Man 2 WAR MACHINE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20161127_235917.jpg

20161128_000151.jpg

20161128_000350.jpg

So got my War Machine a couple days ago and decided to get Iron Man XLV to compare the two since there's been a lot of chatter about it being bigger and sure enough War Machine is a beast in comparison!

I think this is kind of inaccurate on Hot Toy's part, but I'm still really happy to have this version of War Machine. To me, this is the definitive version. I'm not interested in any of the other ones.

And for those who might be wondering, I currently don't have any of my Hot Toys on display (I'm working on it and need to research what display I'm gonna invest in). I keep them in the box, hence why they're still wrapped up and such.

It would kill me to leave figures like these in their boxes lol, I don't know how you manage.

Maybe hot toys was trying to make the iron man armors more real world accurate lol.. Hopefully they don't give the 46 big wedges.. Or include a small platform accessory lol.

So got my War Machine a couple days ago and decided to get Iron Man XLV to compare the two since there's been a lot of chatter about it being bigger and sure enough War Machine is a beast in comparison! I think this is kind of inaccurate on Hot Toy's part...

I think it's hard to completely blame Hot Toys for when it comes to inaccuracies when it comes to scale when the films themselves are wildly inconsistent. Still, it does make it hard though to imagine that War Machine Mark 1 is really an augmented and customized Iron Man Mark II armor when it's so much bigger (bulkier I get, but that much taller?) But the reality is Hot Toys can't cheat the scale in an actually physical representation the way they can digitally in movies, so they are kind of in a now win situation, if they made him a bit smaller something else would have been off. Looks like they got the proportions mostly right as it relates to itself and that might have been sacrificed to better scale it with other figures.

...but I'm still really happy to have this version of War Machine. To me, this is the definitive version. I'm not interested in any of the other ones.

No doubt many collectors feel the same way. I was torn between this one and the Mk3, and I ended up choosing the Mk3 instead (waitlisted). But I don't think anyone is going wrong with going for this classic fist appearance look of the Mark 1.

Wow. I hope they are making the diecast Mark 6 taller than the plastic one because the plastic mark 6 is quite a bit shorter than the 45.

Edit: looks like they have the diecast Mark 6 listed at 12.83" on sideshow, which matches the diecast war machine height. Which is good, but also means you probably shouldn't be displaying these guys next to some other iron man figures that are now going to be significantly shorter.

Wow. I hope they are making the diecast Mark 6 taller than the plastic one because the plastic mark 6 is quite a bit shorter than the 45.

Edit: looks like they have the diecast Mark 6 listed at 12.83" on sideshow, which matches the diecast war machine height. Which is good, but also means you probably shouldn't be displaying these guys next to some other iron man figures that are now going to be significantly shorter.

I'm purposely going to display it with older, smaller figures so it looks even bigger!

Looks like sideshow will be sending me an extra clean thruster. The thrusters were fine, but I got two back "R" plates, so, when installed, the thruster won't completely flip out.

I hopped on Sideshow wait list. Hoping for a conversion. Are there any other US shops that may have this for retail price?

Yeah it's really weird. I checked this morning and they had at least 24. Checked again this afternoon, sold out.

Maybe the word is getting out how great this figure is, like the BvS figs.

Maybe the word is getting out how great this figure is, like the BvS figs.

No doubt, it's a great looking figure. Played my cards wrong... with Christmas coming and their inventory still showing a healthy 24(+), I decided to hold off until after the holidays while keeping a close eye on their inventory. Didn't expect it to literally sell out within hours today.

Back