1/6 1/6 DIECAST Iron Man 2 WAR MACHINE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a very simple pose or change and I see no reason why he couldn't do it. All they would need to do is raise the elbow and level the shoulder, which can be done with any standard articulated figure.

With the original Mk1, the only way I was able to get the forearm guns at the sides were like the pictures above, basically raise the arms up to the left and right, and then bend the elbows 90 degrees, and it didn't look that good. When you raise the arms up straight forward, the forearm guns end up on the bottom, but I was trying to recreate a pose where he has both arms up straight forward with the guns to the sides, and the only way to do that on the original one would be to rotate the forearms, which was not possible, so I was hoping it had that articulation this time around. It doesn't seem to, if the pictures are telling, which is kind of disappointing, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

900892_press04-001.jpg

I found this picture which shows how the arms would have to be posed to get the guns on the side, the one on the right is raised up to the right and bent at the elbow 90 degrees, and the one on the left is raised straight up, with the gun stuck facing the bottom.

With the original Mk1, the only way I was able to get the forearm guns at the sides were like the pictures above, basically raise the arms up to the left and right, and then bend the elbows 90 degrees, and it didn't look that good. When you raise the arms up straight forward, the forearm guns end up on the bottom, but I was trying to recreate a pose where he has both arms up straight forward with the guns to the sides, and the only way to do that on the original one would be to rotate the forearms, which was not possible, so I was hoping it had that articulation this time around. It doesn't seem to, if the pictures are telling, which is kind of disappointing, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

900892_press04-001.jpg

I found this picture which shows how the arms would have to be posed to get the guns on the side, the one on the right is raised up to the right and bent at the elbow 90 degrees, and the one on the left is raised straight up, with the gun stuck facing the bottom.

It looks like the arm can rotate & pose the guns to the side (atleast for the left arm in this pic):
image.jpeg

Awesome! Yeah, that's the proto pic I saw that got me excited, but then the way they posed him at SDCC got me worried again :lol I really hope the arm can still rotate :pray:

If that pic is what your after the original can do it. The only reason it can't do a straight forward that way is the top of the arms have a protruding section designed to close the shoulder gap when the arms are down. The new figure doesn't have that. You can see from the photos it has a slimmed down upper arm and the same type of articulation most of the newer iron man figures have. Which means it has more articulation. This is how I have mine posed at home so I know it can get pretty close to the promo pic of the DC version.

image.jpg

If that pic is what your after the original can do it. The only reason it can't do a straight forward that way is the top of the arms have a protruding section designed to close the shoulder gap when the arms are down. The new figure doesn't have that. You can see from the photos it has a slimmed down upper arm and the same type of articulation most of the newer iron man figures have. Which means it has more articulation. This is how I have mine posed at home so I know it can get pretty close to the promo pic of the DC version.

View attachment 279684

That's good to know. Yeah, like in your pic, that was the only way to get the forearm gun on the side with him aiming forward. I wanted it to be like the left arm (his right) where it can be straight forward, no bend at the elbow, but the forearm gun being on the side and not the bottom. Wanted to do a front firing pose like these, but with the guns are the sides and not the bottom:

Revoltech-Mini-War-Machine-Figure-with-Effects-Pieces-e1409073441905.jpg

mota_ru_1112129.jpg
Sentinel-Iron-Man-War-Machine-REEDIT-Figure-Firing-e1434059563282.jpg
090612090024_45.jpg
4192594394_315989610c_o.jpg

I think if the head could turn more without being blocked, it would've opened up some more posing options too, and the arm thing wouldn't bother me as much. But yeah, hopefully this new one has more freedom.

I'm a bit unfamiliar with monthly codes, does anyone know if this is eligible for a discount?

Thanks for the pics, I love it! :clap :woo Now if only we got a diecast Mark VI to pair with it.

Edit: Is a diecast Mark VI in the works? It's hard to keep track of these. :lol

I don't believe anything has been announced yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You will have a diecast MK VI to pair with it. Announced 2 days ago. There's a separate thread for it.

oh man, just when I thought I decided that I would get the 003 to be my single representation of War Machine they put the DC IM MkVI up for pre-order and now I am looking at the WM Mk001 again. :slap

SO hard to pick just one War Machine but I really have to. (I have to much other stuff I want to get too)

oh man, just when I thought I decided that I would get the 003 to be my single representation of War Machine they put the DC IM MkVI up for pre-order and now I am looking at the WM Mk001 again. :slap

SO hard to pick just one War Machine but I really have to. (I have to much other stuff I want to get too)
For me, the Mk 1 is the definitive War Machine. It looks less like Iron Man, like the Mk 2 and Mk 3.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well after following this thread for months, I finally pulled the trigger on this one. Like those above have said, to me this is the definitive War Machine. I also PO the DC Mark VI so I'm going to have quite the display... In about a year and a half!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back