1/6 DID MA80170 F/A-18E Pilot – Captain Mitchell (Tom Cruise, Maverick)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome!!! And I just watched Top Gun Maverick for the second time a few days ago. I’m ready for this and the space flight suit version by DAM/VTS too. Would love to see them do an F-14 Iceman someday 😎

I'm only waiting on the VTS Dark Star version to accompany the three pressure suits they did under the DAM brand. I was looking at them the other day and they're still really impressive figures.

Yeah, this thing turned out pretty fantastic. Only thing I would like to see included are some molded gloved hands. Those rubber bendy hands usually suck, even though the cloth gloves look good.

I've hated those bendy hands since the days of Dragon Models. Cloth gloves can look good but sometimes they're too over scale and make the hands look huge, and they often can't be used to grip anything properly. (Dragon Models was a double whammy, because they made bendy hands with the gloves sculpted onto them!)

I did find a use for one bendy pair recently, when I put Alert Line's WWII Red Army pilot flying suit onto a female TB League body and needed to attach the gloves.

I'm only waiting on the VTS Dark Star version to accompany the three pressure suits they did under the DAM brand. I was looking at them the other day and they're still really impressive figures.

I've hated those bendy hands since the days of Dragon Models. Cloth gloves can look good but sometimes they're too over scale and make the hands look huge, and they often can't be used to grip anything properly. (Dragon Models was a double whammy, because they made bendy hands with the gloves sculpted onto them!)

I did find a use for one bendy pair recently, when I put Alert Line's WWII Red Army pilot flying suit onto a female TB League body and needed to attach the gloves.
Oh man, those gloved DML bendy hands were the worst and could barely hold the rifles! Nothing you could do would make those things budge and stay closed. Only original Joe hands beat them out…thank god for kung fu grip game changer 😁

Last edited:
Head sculpt aside, this figure is specifically for Maverick (sequel), correct? The outfit is different in the two movies?

Sorry for the noob question - I was thinking of buying 2 anyway to display helmeted and un-helmeted.

That's insane... Need to source a pair of tweezers like the one they use in the video :D

DID Action Figures

32 m ·

Thank you for the support and great shots Hyatt Law

d1.jpg
d2.jpg
d3.jpg
d4.jpg

Received it yesterday. First DiD figure I own, so that’s a surprise to me: the sculpt is made of thin, hollow plastic, you can squeeze it with your fingers… also it has a very rough texture, almost sandpaper like.

Received it yesterday. First DiD figure I own, so that’s a surprise to me: the sculpt is made of thin, hollow plastic, you can squeeze it with your fingers… also it has a very rough texture, almost sandpaper like.

Never known a DID sculpt to be made like that. Maybe they did it so the helmet would fit without having to be overscale?

The rough texture is new as well. Their sculpts are usually finely detailed and well painted, with the only sin being the satin finish they sometimes overuse to the point where they're hard to photograph with a camera flash.

My PO for this was cancelled by Kit, because of an unpaid invoice for the balance. I never received the invoice, so how am i supposed to pay it? :mad:

My PO for this was cancelled by Kit, because of an unpaid invoice for the balance. I never received the invoice, so how am i supposed to pay it? :mad:
Did you reach out to Kit about this? I had this problem with a recent figure - I wasn't receiving his invoice emails and he emailed me from the customer service address to tell me my order was going to be cancelled. I told him I never received the invoice and we got it straightened out. I hope you reached out to him, he's very good about making sure people are taken care of.

I managed to get it resolved eventually. My PO was indeed cancelled, so he sent me a direct link to the invoice, which i paid straight away. I've never had any issues like this before, so hopefully it was just a one off glitch. I got the figure 2 days ago. (y)

Back