1/6 DID MA80170 F/A-18E Pilot – Captain Mitchell (Tom Cruise, Maverick)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never known a DID sculpt to be made like that. Maybe they did it so the helmet would fit without having to be overscale?

The rough texture is new as well. Their sculpts are usually finely detailed and well painted, with the only sin being the satin finish they sometimes overuse to the point where they're hard to photograph with a camera flash.
I think I disagree here. All of the DID sculpts I’ve had are hollow and roto cast as opposed to solid PVC and have a weird skin texture.

Their likenesses are usually good but the production is usually a bit weird looking.

Im still a big fan of DID though - one of the most consistent companies out there

I got this guy coming and have a custom head but may use the one that’s there to put in the helmet

I think I disagree here. All of the DID sculpts I’ve had are hollow and roto cast as opposed to solid PVC and have a weird skin texture.

Their likenesses are usually good but the production is usually a bit weird looking.

Im still a big fan of DID though - one of the most consistent companies out there

I got this guy coming and have a custom head but may use the one that’s there to put in the helmet

dantes2501 made it sound like it was rubbery, like Eternal's Penguin or Premier's Immortan Joe, which were made soft so the hair could be plugged in.

I've never had a DID sculpt that was "thin" enough that "you can squeeze it with your fingers".

I've been looking at the spare heads I have out on the shelf awaiting use. The earliest is Colonel Mackenzie from a few years ago, and the latest Reznov who just released. They're quite rigid, but I do see what could be construed as a "rough texture". Under a magnifying glass there's a lot of sculpting detail - creases and pores in the skin - actually an amazing amount of detail. With normal viewing they aren't what I'd label rough though.

EDIT:

However, re-reading dantes' original comment, it was "rough" to the touch like "sandpaper". I get that. They don't feel as smooth as sculpts from some other companies.

Last edited:
Nice 👍
Expected on the 19th according to USPS tracking, but that site is always off a day. Regardless, this thing looks great and a proper Maverick will soon be joining his fellow Cruise figs on the shelf.
Yea, I'm excited to have him back in the collection and a much better version than my custom from years ago. I won't be able to enjoy it right away unfortunately as I'm out of town until next week. With how involved it is to put together, I'll definitely have to wait until next week weekend to really see what it's all about. But, I've waited this long, so a few more days won't hurt

Yea, I'm excited to have him back in the collection and a much better version than my custom from years ago. I won't be able to enjoy it right away unfortunately as I'm out of town until next week. With how involved it is to put together, I'll definitely have to wait until next week weekend to really see what it's all about. But, I've waited this long, so a few more days won't hurt
Mine is in the house USPS on time 😎

Back