1:6 customized Gimli while I wait for Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahoudini

Freakalicious
Reaction score
IMG_0431-1.JPG

IMG_0429-1.JPG

IMG_0427-1.JPG

Now it needs weathering! (Hints, please, oh weathering masters!)

This is the DiD figure with the boots and gauntlets added from the ToyBiz figure and with scratchbuilt throwing axes added to match the great set of all his other axes included with the DiD figure. I have repainted the helmet, face and beard and added the little top piece of the helmet from the ToyBiz figure that DiD inexplicably left off.

This will have to do until the Sideshow 1:6 is out (hint, hint!!!)

Steve

Last edited:
Thanks!

I went back and edited the post reducing the size of the photos and putting in one with Aragorn and Legolas. Should have done this in the first place!

Steve

Very nice work!!! Gimli is one of the characters from the Fellowship that I have always wanted in my collection. I've moved on to Marvel - BUT a Gimli 12 inch would be a figure I would definitely buy!!! Your customized Gimli looks awesome next to Legolas and Aragorn!

that looks absolutely amazing. it could do with being on a much shorter body i think (from what I remember) hes a bit tall.. but wow, I'd say if you did that you dont NEED the SS version when it happens.

Jen said:
Very nice work!!! Gimli is one of the characters from the Fellowship that I have always wanted in my collection. I've moved on to Marvel - BUT a Gimli 12 inch would be a figure I would definitely buy!!! Your customized Gimli looks awesome next to Legolas and Aragorn!

Actually, wouldn't it be a :gimli 6 inch? :D

DarthNeil said:
Actually, wouldn't it be a :gimli 6 inch? :D

Actually, wouldn't the hobbits be closer to 6 inches and the Gimli more like 8 inches? Isn't he a little taller than the hobbits?

BTW, GREAT Gimli custom ahoudini...I can't wait for a SS 1/6 Gimli figure to pose with Aragorn and Legolas! :D

So I went to that store and they still had Toy Biz's Gimli, and I got it!
This figure rocks!! Seriously! It fit's so nicely with Sideshow figures,
I used Asajj Ventress' cloak while I find one that works, also I just ordered DiD set of weapons to complete this guy,
What do you guys think? I think it looks awesome!:

lotr4.jpg

lotr3.jpg

lotr1.jpg

lotr6.jpg

lotr5.jpg

lotr7.jpg

Thanks for the kind words guys,
I didn't do a whole lot, just a little futzing and added the cloak,
and tried to find some good lighting, the sculpt is superb!
Here's the box, not the best pic though:

51B7EOZVWdL._SS500_.jpg

I really hope Sideshow releases him soon, then Gandalf and Merry and Pippin at least so we can have the whole Fellowship, but in the meantime, this one will do!
There's a few of this on Ebay they usually go for $20-30 bucks.

I actually prefer the overall look and scale of the Toybiz version. I did the same thing and have him holding down the fort until Sideshow's version arrives...

I have one too that I was going to bash with the DiD Gimli. But from that pic he doesn't look like he'll be in scale with the SSC hobbits. I don't mind that the SSC hobbits aren't half the size of the humans, but Gimli needs to be between the humans and halflings in height.

You've done a great job w/ the DiD Gimli!! Far and away a much needed improvement! What a difference! My DiD Gimli sits in some box. Disgusted after he kept dropping his axes and each one broke...after falling only a few inches...:confused:

I too really like the Toy Biz one, they did a super job on Gimli. He poses well, gear and cloth items look good, excellent headsculpt, he's really well done.

Thanks for sharing your work! It's a really nice looking custom and it makes me anxious to see an official version from Sideshow, since everybody needs one in their LOTR collection now.

Back