1/6 Custom Jabba's Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is why I'm very happy to get the casts :)

Some comparison shots of my attempts at sculpting. Eeek :slap

1st attempt:

2nd attempt: a bit closer. The profile isn't too bad, but screwed up the rest

Added teeth today to the gargoyle heads. Whew! That took forever! Still need to do some cleanup but they look pretty good.

Got the heads all finished and mounted. I gave them a couple coats of a brassy metallic, then weathered them with a few coats of an aqua wash. Then used the same wash to add some drips underneath on the throne itself. Thanks again dmontane1! I'm happy! :)

Now its on to the frog bowl. Still haven't decided how I'm going to do that. I'm leaning towards a clear resin, but I want to give it a slight greenish yellow tint. Anyone ever used clear resin before? I know they sell pigments for this very purpose, but even the sample pack is $30 plus shipping and all I'm going to use is less than a drop. Seems overkill. Can I use something else, like ink or something?

This might sound crazy but I used clothing dye to make force lighting and it works great. Try that, looks great by the way.

[/QUOTE]

Close to perfection ...

For the resin, I currently use this one:

91GGr8uVzKL__SL1500_.jpg

Maybe you can adjust the color by adding something like this:

https://www.creativ-discount.de/Kal...ount.creativ_web_de&pi=CCR5011623&ci=288-4561

Unfortunately, I don´t know any source for this in US or Canada ...

Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments!

Just for fun, I'm running an experiment. I want to see if regular floor polish will work. I dumped some in a cup and placed an object (the first thing I seen lying around) inside. In another cup I mixed in some watered down acrylic paint. Since this particular polish is water soluble I figured it might work. I put in too much colour but for testing purposes its fine. I also marked the level to see if there will be any shrinkage. Now the waiting begins to see if it will actually cure when its this thick.

Day 1

Wow, just saw this thread.... throne looks fantastic. And to whoever asked earlier Sideshow made 4200 thrones and 4000 regular Jabbas. I couldn't find an exact number of the exclusive Jabba but I'd imagine there are more than 200 so there are a lot of Jabbas without a throne out there.

Wow, just saw this thread.... throne looks fantastic. And to whoever asked earlier Sideshow made 4200 thrones and 4000 regular Jabbas. I couldn't find an exact number of the exclusive Jabba but I'd imagine there are more than 200 so there are a lot of Jabbas without a throne out there.
Jabba was an inclusive so they sold as many as people ordered in a set time period. I would guess it was at least 2-3k

Progress has been slow. The above experiment was an epic failure (as expected). The 1.5" of floor wax shrank down to about 1/4" of sludge. In other words it was mostly water. I came across another option and will be trying it soon. Its another product you can buy at your local drugstore.

So its been a while, but I think I'm finally on track to finish this. I stumbled upon a video on how to preserve dried insects using hand sanitizer and figured I give it a shot. I picked up some clear sanitizer and have been playing around with food coloring. It mixes well. Still need to tweak the color mixture and buy a syringe to suck out the air bubbles, but it looks very promising. Only down side is I will need to seal it up so it doesn't evaporate on me.

Thats pretty cool Nate. Gonna look great when finished. Maybe I missed this, but are you planning on lighting it up???

Good to see you back on the build my friend. And as for the pic it look great. As for the sound effects that would be sweet. Have salatious crumb do his laugh!

Back