1/6 Custom Hammerhead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enaud

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here is a 1/6 scale Hammerhead that I finished a few months back.He's been in storage for a while so I thought I'd snap a pic of him & share.

HH.jpg

Very nice! I hope Sideshow start tackling figures like this soon.

So what did you do?

Where did you source parts?

Any build up shots?

Not sure I like the feet, but rest is cool.

Really good love it more pics PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE. I love custom figures and yours are brilliant.

Dorgmal

Thank you guys for the kind words.

I used a GI joe body for the base of the figure.That is the only pre existing part.The head,hands,feet,& skin details were sculpted by me with magic sculpt.Sorry there are no build up pics-I'm bad about not taking WIP pics,lol.

For the clothes,a hasbro Luke jedi vest & brown felt were used...until I can get something a little more custom tailored made.
DSC00168.jpg

DSC00167.jpg

Gothikus-my intentions for the feet was to get the look of the 1997 release with the rough skin texture of the most current release....whilst maintaining articulation of the ankles.

HHevo.jpg

DSC00169.jpg

That looks great!

This inspired me to give it a shot:
cantina-momawnadon-3.jpg

and one of these days I'll actually get back to work on it.

This amazing piece was done by a guy named John Dunivant and its featured at RS.

Hi mate
Didn't mean to sound negative - It's about 1000% better than I could ever do!

Very cool indeed.

Awesome, Hammerhead was always one of my favorite of the Vintage Kenner figs... you did him proud :duff

Anzik-Thanks for posting THAT pic.That pic has been embedded in my mind for the past 10+ years when I 1st saw it in an issue of Tomart's....& haven't seen it since!I remembering seeing it & thinking to myself-"that's cool,I'ld like to try making one of those someday"...Of course sameday=decade,lol

Gothikus-no worries

GREAT jop on that figure but which GI joe body did you use from which figure
I'm not sure of what series it was from.It was part of an ebay lot.It looked to be the same body style hasbro used for some time.I can say it was NOT the crappy HOF style like the earlier star wars 12"ers if that helps

Back