1/6 conan war paint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim_a

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi all,
Thought i would share my conan i've been working on. I used real leather and faux fur etc
Still got small things to do but its close to being finished.
Hope you like it :hi5:

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

God I always appreciate when people take a chance... believe in their skills and go for it...

I'm pretty much happy with everything you did except for the blood...

just being honest and not being rude.

Really cool! I like it!
Thanks

God I always appreciate when people take a chance... believe in their skills and go for it...

I'm pretty much happy with everything you did except for the blood...

just being honest and not being rude.

Thankyou for being honest. Yeah I need too do abit of work on the blood on his chest. Any tips?

Fantastic work!!:clap

For the blood, you might try a darker red. Then add a bit of glossy bright red. Play around with the technique on something else first, though.

Yeah I need too do abit of work on the blood on his chest. Any tips?
great job , and for the blood- i have used Tamiya (my personal recipe) clear red with a tiny bit of hull red and clear yellow..experiment...play around on a tan or white surface until you get it the color you like.

Constantly amazed that no company has picked this up - even unofficial. Hopefully HT realises there is a market they can tap with minmal effort. Now they have an Arnie body it really wouldn't be a lot of work for them to pump out 3 or 4 different Conan's

damn fine work all around but my only nit would be to have tried "real" hair with him............i think it would bump it up from "dayuuum"....to "dayuuuuuuuuuuuuummm"...........:wink1:

Thanks everyone for the advice and kind words
This is my first proper custom with painting and making clothing etc

damn fine work all around but my only nit would be to have tried "real" hair with him............i think it would bump it up from "dayuuum"....to "dayuuuuuuuuuuuuummm"...........:wink1:
I decided not to do the real hair on this one because I already have a Conan custom with real hair that I brought from vold(I think it was that)

Hey! Not bad at all!!:clap:clap I need to try this version myself...

Constantly amazed that no company has picked this up - even unofficial. Hopefully HT realises there is a market they can tap with minmal effort. Now they have an Arnie body it really wouldn't be a lot of work for them to pump out 3 or 4 different Conan's

:exactly: Totally agree with you.

hi all :wave
I have now tried to improve the blood, see picture below let me know what you all think. Picture quality not great because they were taken on my phone. The blood had a gloss shine in places which the camera hasnt really captured.

Before
IMG_0050.jpg

after
IMG_0063.jpg

This is the conan custom i brought with real hair if you havent already seen it on the forums.
IMG_0065.jpg

And this is my next conan project im considering :lol
IMG_0064.jpg

Back