1/6 COMMANDO/REDHEAT/DIEHARD/BEYONDTHELAW/FIGHTCLUB ~ elämän merimies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 COMMANDO John Matrix ~ elämän merimies WIP Custom kitbash

NEDSQGFJjWSwIF_1_1.jpg

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "F' You A$$hole". Love that scene!!

Wasn't me, but again great work and I'm really hyped about creating this figure and I think u've just given me that push, always had this on the back burner for projects :rock

Was'nt me either but you have got to see the funny side and its a compliment to your custom that people think its an upcoming release:)

Look on the bright side, you're figure is definitely held in high regard!

I'm starting soon, got a T-800 body and head ready to go! I think it will work, the T-800 body, not as good as the Dutch body but it'll work!

I promise you I didn't post your "W.I.P." Commando figure on the Hot Toys facebook page. I admire your talent and hard work on it. I would never do that to anyone.

I agree about that "nostalgic" 1980s feeling of most of Arnold's movies. They're like an old friend that you can visit again and again, that's always there for you! I have most all of them on DVD, and am slowly getting them on Blu-Ray now. Yeah, Arnold's later movies just didn't have that same good time feeling to them. But being the die-hard fan that I am...I saw them anyway. :)

I still hope to start a custom Commando figure of my own sometime this year. Your work is a big inspiration to me to get started on my own figure! :wave

I'm not here to point any fingers. I've asked him nicely to take it down. No response...

And yes there was an exellent response to the picture itself. I think there's even some praising responces from the same people who initially shot down the idea of HT making the figure in the first place. But still I wouldn't of wanted to show it off just yet, on a page maintenanced by HT...

Edit - - - - -
Sorry everyone I was on a sh**ty mood and my reaction to the pic could've been better.
- - - - - - - -

All you need is a Bennett custom and you'll have a perfect set my friend.......
commando.jpg

Yeah, Bennett actually seems to have quite a large cult-following, but I'm not that intrested of building him. Mainly because there's no head etc. etc.

Last edited:

I posted it, big deal. If it wasnt ready to be seen, don't post in a public forum like this either. . . .

The photo was removed ealier. Figured posting it would be a compliment, but I guess you got sand in your ______.

The photo was removed ealier. Figured posting it would be a compliment, but I guess you got sand in your ______.

:lecture:lecture:lecture For EF to actually make the effort and post the custom on HT's Facebook page should've been a ____ing HUGE compliment. :huh

The Valmet might actually be coming together. Finally...

00_Valmet_stock.jpg

I've never sculpted in this scale before... actually, I've never sculpted in any scale before...
everything is really small, it's so frustrating. Gotta admire the men & women who work in this scale on a daily basis.
There are many things I've had to drop from my intitial plans on making the Valmet M78/83.
In the end I think it will be more like AK47 with this sniper stock. The scale is too small (for me anyways), so I'm not that convinced dicecting the gun into smaller pieces would work. I dont think I could pull that off...

00_Valmet_m78-83.jpg

Barrel should be longer etc. etc. ...and there's no strap (yet).
It doesen't really hold up to closer examination, but I think it's done (for now)...

This is looking great, elaman! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Thanks guys.
- -
Parts list updated/moved to first post.
- -
Wont be no action poses for this one, the vest is so bulky, they tend to look odd + I'm a bit worried about the camoed arms/how the rubber underneath will hold up.
So, I think it's going to be a very, very static/standard posing for mr. John Matrix here...

Still would like to dirty the figure up a bit, but somehow I cant bring myself to do it.

Last edited:

Looking good!

^^^^^ tried to capture the "gear up" pose (Valmet on the shoulder)... and I'm really frustrated to see that the rubber arm really cant bring the valmet, (even remotely) close enough to the shoulder. The arm just looks really awkward and left in that pose it would very likely tear.
So, I guess it's back to the simple standing pose then...

still doing a few touch-up's... and it seems I'll have to leave the claymore carriers and binoculars out-of-the-plans at this moment.

Looking great so far elaman. Mine's underway now! Got some parts coming and all that.

Check this link out buddy:

https://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Commando

Not that you need much help now!
Yeah, this site and the film ofcourse was my main reference for this figure. Still would've hoped there would be actual prop pictures somewhere out there...
Thanks for your support.

Ok. I think it's about done. But still, cant seem let go... as there is still a bunch of tiny little details I cant seem to figure out... how to make them work, that is.
- -
LIST OF THINGS I'M STILL NOT PLEASED WITH:
shotgun ..... wrong type (minor issue)
m78/83 ..... just an Ak47 w/ custom stock (better than nothing)
drop
leg
holster ....... straps too big
front
knife
sheat ......... doesen't have the whetstone pocket or the belt loop
crotch
harness
buckles ...... should be black&worn (easy paint fix, but I kinda like them silver)
throwing
knives ........ wrong type, just not pleased w/ them
m202a1 ..... could have made it a lot better, add barrel pipes to it etc. / strap looks wrong
claymore
carrier
bag(x2) ...... still cant find the ones I want

Last edited:

Making of pic :D

000Commando_BehindTheScenes____72dpi.jpg

Knife sheat fixed and a little tweaking alltogether.

this thread has inspired me to start my own commando fig!

Can anyone recommend well fitting pants to use on the t-800 or chris redfield body?

Back