1/6 CGL Toys - Terminator 2: John Connor Collectible Figure (Teasers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had some chrome paint lying around, so decided to touch up the Endo Arm.

Before:
DSCF0380_zpsdri2deoj.jpg

After:
DSCF0381_zpstbsgw2fk.jpg

DSCF0385_zps5s81qpln.jpg

Got mine today, the likeness looks better in person. It would have been nice if they included his computer thingy, since there's not much in the way of extras. A nice addition, if you have the other T2 figures. Maybe they could do Newt or Short Round as a follow up.

I had a request to make this as a custom. I am busy with a few other things at the moment but I am looking into it. Just wanted to give you a heads up:).

nope. that one isn't worth discussing at all.

So true, the only figure I ever bought and sold the same day. And made 20 bucks.

This version looks much better. (And taller)

ordered CGL John...

do you guys know if CGL is planning to release Sarah or any other Terminator characters?

The idea of them making other Terminator characters didn't occur to me. I doubt they'll remake anything that Hot Toys made officially. They probably just made this because they saw a distinctly John Connor sized gap in people's collections. Maybe they'll see similar worth in making T1 Kyle Reese or T1 Sarah. Who knows.

The idea of them making other Terminator characters didn't occur to me. I doubt they'll remake anything that Hot Toys made officially. They probably just made this because they saw a distinctly John Connor sized gap in people's collections. Maybe they'll see similar worth in making T1 Kyle Reese or T1 Sarah. Who knows.

T1 Kyle Reese and T1 Sarah Connor are the most glaring omissions (and T3 Terminator). I don't think Biehn ever allowed his likeness to be used, which is why we never got a Hot Toys figure. Hot Toys did make two T2 Sarahs, so Linda Hamilton must have approved use of her likeness, but at that time Hot Toys still had an aversion to figures-in-suits type releases and T1 Sarah was probably viewed as a simplistic and uninteresting release.

Third parties have picked up the slack to a point (T-X, for example) and they do have of long history of making the figures-in-suits versions of characters that Hot Toys dislikes, so it's weird that T1 Kyle and T1 Sarah haven't been made yet by the likes of CGL or POPToys.

For Kyle, I'd go for just a clothing set at this point because I already have Rocco's excellent headsculpt. I might have to go with Dan Chung's custom Kyle set, but that still leaves T1 Sarah.

i didn't do anything! do you want to get banned? erase it from your post ASAP! :panic:

aarrrrrrrrrgh you all talking about him and posting images. i finally purchased him. will be nice to accompany "there is one more chip" setup.

Back