1:6 Boba Fett - which is the best version?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SSvaderMediBoba2.jpg

This must be Boba and Vader from a deleted scene in EpIII, during which Boba would have been 13 years old.... :lol

I would suggest the Hasbro 12inch VOTC light blue/gray version with a little customizing. He is a great base to start with and an affordable option vs the marmit or medicom. Here is mine.

Resizeof100_4230.jpg

I'm thinking of going with Hasbro for Boba (I'm a cheapo, you see), and I was wondering, how much work was involved in modifying him before he looked like that? And what parts, if any, had to be bought separately or made by hand?

I'm thinking of going with Hasbro for Boba (I'm a cheapo, you see), and I was wondering, how much work was involved in modifying him before he looked like that? And what parts, if any, had to be bought separately or made by hand?

By the time all's said and done, you'd be better off going with Sideshow's. He's great for a Hasbro figure, but overall, especially if you can't find the VOTC version (which runs only about $30 cheaper than what Sideshow's will likely cost) or a TOMY bucket (good luck, he's one of the most desirable and usually runs about $30+), you're looking at a substantial amount of customizing. Additionally, side-by-side with the Sideshow figures, he just won't look right. And no amount of Big Gulp cups will fix that.

Last edited:
Well, well, well.....i see that continues the discussion ......ok , here i go again..........

Marmit ( first version )and Medi

bobafrt.jpg

bobart.jpg

bobalft.jpg

bobabk.jpg

Marmitcomp9.jpg

DSCF3126.jpg

And the winner is ...............

Nadja_Fett_by_Nadja_Stock.jpg

:rock:moon

I don't own the Medi, and haven't owned the Marmit for a while (gave it to a friend YEARS ago) but the helmet on that Medicom piece is WAY more accurate in shape than the Marmit, and I loved it when it came out.

Right , Medi is too small with SSC , don't pose with them man , pose only with others medi , and wait that the new figure of SSC goes out .....end of discussion, or run , run fast and buy the Hasbro ..

I don't own the Medi, and haven't owned the Marmit for a while (gave it to a friend YEARS ago) but the helmet on that Medicom piece is WAY more accurate in shape than the Marmit, and I loved it when it came out.

you right on that , the helmet marmit is to small with regard to the body , the medi is better, i have the 4 Boba , 2 marmit first and second version , hasbro trilogy , and Medi , in general terms the Medi is better , or 1 mix with all, but that to be a Custom and this thread is for the originals figures.

I must say the Medi Boba looks pretty darn good. But the height would bother me since all I've got are Sideshow SW figures. And while the Medi bodies all seem to be that gawky 13 year old boy body, it seems to work with this Boba under all that armor and clothing. The proportions look spot on, i.e. no bobble head, no monkey arms, etc.

Anyway, I can't wait til Sideshow's version although I don't know if I'd prefer the ESB or ROTJ. I almost wish they did an all in one with the variations in the armor and weapons as extras that you can swap out. The differences aren't that extreme, are they?

I must say the Medi Boba looks pretty darn good. But the height would bother me since all I've got are Sideshow SW figures. And while the Medi bodies all seem to be that gawky 13 year old boy body, it seems to work with this Boba under all that armor and clothing. The proportions look spot on, i.e. no bobble head, no monkey arms, etc.

Anyway, I can't wait til Sideshow's version although I don't know if I'd prefer the ESB or ROTJ. I almost wish they did an all in one with the variations in the armor and weapons as extras that you can swap out. The differences aren't that extreme, are they?

Most want the ROTJ version because of the Jabba dio, but it would make sense to release the ESB version, especially given this year's the 30th Anny.

I'd be fine with either a ROTJ or ESB version; but would stick to just one as he is a character I definitely don't need two of :lol

Wonder if Sideshow would go crazy and release a DX style package with enough pieces to make both; but one body? Although the more likely step is to have a 2nd version be a SDCC (or some other event) exclusive.

Who knows, of things that have preordered and things we know are being worked on, ESB is nowhere to be seen. I'm thinking we'll see Fett this year, but I'd say it's a 50/50 shot at it being ESB version.

I'd be fine with either a ROTJ or ESB version; but would stick to just one as he is a character I definitely don't need two of :lol

Wonder if Sideshow would go crazy and release a DX style package with enough pieces to make both; but one body? Although the more likely step is to have a 2nd version be a SDCC (or some other event) exclusive.

That's a good point. I think most people would do that as well, which is why despite the "he's a major character" whining, the ESB would make a great Con Ex. Most will pick up one or the other and the no-brainer would be the ROTJ version to compliment the Jabba dio.

Even though it's the 30th Anniversary of ESB, I almost think they'll go with the ROTJ version since it will go with the Jabba set up. Sideshow has been very committed to that scene with much of their releases. And they will also appeal to those who already have the Medi version since it will be different.

It would be a long shot, but I hope for an all-in-one. Although Galactiboy is on to something with the SDCC exclusive idea.

Back