1:6 Boba Fett - which is the best version?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Medicom is the best Boba out there period. (probably the best SW RAH)

The question is will SS be able to top it's greatness. (you'd think 4 years later it would be no problem, but medi set the bar high with this figure) Looking forward to it.

If you're pondering getting the medi Boba DON'T think.. DO!! It's awesome!

I am not too sure it will be more accurate..that 1:1 bust was wayyyyyyy off in so many ways. And as for 2/3 the cost? Not the way sideshow's prices have been rising.

vs. waiting a few more months for Sideshows, which'll be more accurate, the right height and 2/3 the price? :huh

ALSO would like to point out that besides height, SS Vader SUCKS at being ANH Vader. And their Boba PF had a lesser sculpt than Medi's Boba . So I dont know where all the "SS will be more accurate" talk is coming from.. as for Boba being to small.. true, a little, but SS Vader was too tall..

Look at the clones and troopers.

Thanks for all the input and replies.

@ Jango56031:
Great pictures, and great custom work!

@ eczamurai:
Awesome paint work --- just looked through your thread on your Fett repaint. Looks superb.

As for the height difference with Medicom and Sideshow figures, Fett is shorter than Vader on-screen, so hopefully that can be replicated accurately in 1:6 scale.

I really like the Medicom version, but will wait and see what Sideshow comes up with first before buying the Medicom Fett!

Why has Sideshow not done a Boba or a Jango yet?

They are some of the last heavy hitters left. Spread the line out instead of being front loaded. I'm also glad we are getting them later than sooner. SS has vastly improved there 1/6 figures and I have no doubt they will knock Jango and Boba out of the park.

Yeah I dont agree. Cant just be so simple and say that SS are of better detail. Just cause each company did certain things good on that figure (Stormy or Clone). For instance I like the Medi helmet better but I like the SSC belt better. For me there is no clear winner only an opinion and preference.

Yeah I dont agree. Cant just be so simple and say that SS are of better detail. Just cause each company did certain things good on that figure (Stormy or Clone). For instance I like the Medi helmet better but I like the SSC belt better. For me there is no clear winner only an opinion and preference.

Sure you can, but you're right, I should've gone into detail. Owning both Shocktroopers I can easily make that distinction. Two companies made the exact same thing. Sideshow's had better paint. While Medi's are taller than they're typical SW release, they still have the itty bitty boy proportions in the torso and because they didn't extend the arms, just the legs, the Medi also suffers T-rex syndrome. Then there's the weapons. Medicoms seem like Hasbro blasters which is a shame at that price, and you just get the single blaster, whereas Sideshow's, which comes with both blaster and rifle are, as usual, some of the best in the industry. Despite the aerators being slightly off, Sideshow's is by far superior and at 1/2 the price.

The slimness never really bothered me on the Medi. Especially if not put with SS figures. The older SS figs were always too chunky to me which I think is improved with the new bodys. What did bug me with the Medi Clone was the limited articulation and the legs shoot out to the sides just standing straight.
I agree with ya the SS armor and paint are better. The shoulder armor is wrong though and shouldnt be attached to the trap straps.
I like the Helmet sculpt on the Medi helmet and body suit better though.
Weapons check! You got it, SS wins that.
I hear you on price but retail aside which I hardly ever buy at they are close now. In fact you can get the Medi Clones and Stormys for good prices.
In the end for me It will be SS for armored just dont think the Medi are as bad as the rap they get sometimes.

The Medi Fett is one of the best figures I ever bought, I absolutely love it.

For the record both Boba and Jango were $150 figures... but still a valid point.

But you can sometimes find good deals; for instance I just bought a Jango with broken hip for super cheap, popped him onto a slim TT and now have a taller better figure for about $70.

But I'd rank them:
1) Medicom
2) Marmit
3) Hasbro

I do think however that Sideshow will be the best once its released.

For the record both Boba and Jango were $150 figures... but still a valid point.

But you can sometimes find good deals; for instance I just bought a Jango with broken hip for super cheap, popped him onto a slim TT and now have a taller better figure for about $70.

But I'd rank them:
1) Medicom
2) Marmit
3) Hasbro

I do think however that Sideshow will be the best once its released.

I tried that with mine, but since he's on the small RAH 301 Kai body, and the Boba suit tailor made to fit that, it's a bit highwater on a Slim TT. For some reason Jango's suit was larger. Even Jango's a bit tight on the Slim TT, but Boba just doesn't port over well.

Ah, never tried it with Boba... I ended up selling him off a few years ago. Should have kept him though; seems to be one of the few SW RAH that appreciated in value.

The Jango figure is still a bit slight looking in the chest after the conversion and its a tight fight, but not distractingly so. I'm not really too into the Jango character (not really well done IMO) but for the money I don't mind adding this one to the collection.

Still will likely go back and weather him a bit, but not sure how distressed Jango's outfit was on film.

Ah, never tried it with Boba... I ended up selling him off a few years ago. Should have kept him though; seems to be one of the few SW RAH that appreciated in value.

The Jango figure is still a bit slight looking in the chest after the conversion and its a tight fight, but not distractingly so. I'm not really too into the Jango character (not really well done IMO) but for the money I don't mind adding this one to the collection.

Still will likely go back and weather him a bit, but not sure how distressed Jango's outfit was on film.

besides some grime around the armor, he was a pretty clean guy, even after he did that dive on Geonosis for Mace's lightsaber

Back