1/6 Batman Begins Suit Wardrobe/Closet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really awesome work - I've wanted to make one myself, but the difficulty in getting hold of a spare BB suit at a decent (ie cheap lol) price, along with having no idea where in Sydney I could find things like those tiny hinges has kept it from happening. It's also really difficult to find decent pictures of the actual cabinet - FYI those that you have in your first post are actually a fan replica (the gauntlets are cast from the screen-used props but the rest is fan made), but I imagine his version is as close as any!

EDIT: I did some digging and found some images of the real armoire on set that this guy has been using to build his full-size replica. I won't link to them since I don't have his permission, but let me know if you'd like them emailed. It's pretty damn impressive (and the amount of detail has me not wanting to attempt it!)

Last edited:
Looks great man - amazing attention to detail. :clap
It's interesting the differences from this in Begins to the Armory in TDK.

IMG_2524.jpg

I've gone through bottles of that stuff with my customs :lol

FANTASTIC!

Those are my pics in your first post.

https://gregday.org/batman

Please email or PM me, I would LOVE to exchange reference info with you!!

edit: Ive recently been working on the sides:
symmetry.jpg

Yeah, I thought that these were from a prop company until someone else on here brought that to my attention. Great job man. It's been hard to find good pics but I had some PM'd to me.

Nice work on the sides too!

For the inside, my very first reference photo was my original inspiration for wanting to make this piece. A photo that just oozes badassery.

ClosetScene.jpg

Pay particular attention to the angles, perspective lines, and curves going on here. For example how the shelf support curves even follow the shoulders. If anyone else ever attempts to build a full size BB suit closet and get discouraged, keep going back and looking at this photo get inspiration. It's been working for me since 2006.

That's BobbyC's closet.

Nope. BobbyC's is much cleaner, and possibly wider than this. Very obviously not his. This picture was published by IESB during the production of BB as a teaser. I've had it on my hard drive since then.

BobbyC's is really great too, and his is what made me think to try my hand at building one. But that photo is an original.

It looks realy nice indeed. The batsuit is also realy cool hanging in the closset.
I would i am that handy for making it my own :gah:

For the inside, my very first reference photo was my original inspiration for wanting to make this piece. A photo that just oozes badassery.

ClosetScene.jpg

Pay particular attention to the angles, perspective lines, and curves going on here. For example how the shelf support curves even follow the shoulders. If anyone else ever attempts to build a full size BB suit closet and get discouraged, keep going back and looking at this photo get inspiration. It's been working for me since 2006.

I've often wondered where he keeps his pants...

Great work Greg - and really nice pick-up on the shelf curves following the line of the shoulders. I hadn't noticed that but it's a really nice element that helps tie everything together.

OK - As noted in this thread the prop I was using to build this was a fan made wardrobe by Mr. Greg Day. While it looks awesome it is not entirely screen accurate so for my client to have a proper looking piece I have stripped down the front to redo the circle engraving and the black trim work. The handles should be done this weekend... Thanks to all who are following this project!

IMG_2682.jpg

IMG_2688.jpg

IMG_2689.jpg

IMG_2691.jpg

IMG_2700.jpg

Awesome! I too am trying to make mine more accurate. I reworked the bottom frames, replaced the brass medallion with wooden arches, and scratch built some new large brass rosettes for the handles. For the large ring, I'm outsourcing to a professional woodcarver who can replicate it. Also plan to add 2 more dummy handles to the bottom half. I made a little photoshop mockup to plan it, and aside from the ring and lower handles, this is how it currently looks:

photo.JPG

I really wish I had the reference material when I started on this or had the luxury of it being small enough to start over :)

Back