1/6 ART Figures AF-019 Crazy Racer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Modern Life's latest Facebook page pics of the final product up for pre-order at ML's website. I love the way they went the extra step of adding the wild hair/scalp injury detail. Modern Life- Tom Hardy as Max-01.jpg Modern Life- Tom Hardy as Max-02.jpg Modern Life- Tom Hardy as Max-03.jpg

Yea, the sculpt is beautiful but $350 is insane. You can commission a sculptor here and get a group of 20 people and pay 1/5 the price.

We should really change the title of this thread to "Is Modern Life's Mad Max Tom Hardy headsculpt overpriced???"

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Nah, we shouldn't change the title because that question answers itself.
Yeah but i thought this was a thread about the AF figure not a very nice, but very limited so we can somewhat justify our outrageous price on a head sculpt of Tom Hardy as Mad Max thread lol.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

According to Modern Life it's an "artisanal creation"; that alone means it's worth more :lol

My first post here...

I just pre-ordered my Modern Life TOM HARDY as Max head directly from ML for $300 with a 4 installment payment plan, so that is definitely the way to go. You can contact Modern Life directly to have more infos [email protected]

I also Pre-ordered the Crazy Racer from KG. In a world without Fury Road action figures, this is a dream combo mash-up for me. I also plan to order MR. E's Fury Road Max boots to swap out with the Crazy Racer's boots (which are the only problem I have with the costuming on that figure and are screaming non-screen accurate to me).

Here are some more pics of the ML Hardy head (before the bloodied Fury Road paint job) not shown in this thread from the Modern Life's Facebook page...

View attachment 224865 View attachment 224864 View attachment 224867

Hmmm... zero posts and first one is to promote an over-priced item; not suspicious at all :lol

When a company is gouging like ML, it's hard to not want to buy the bootleg for much less just to stick it to them. Even though I know its wrong and companies should be allowed to charge what they want to charge....

Turing%2520%25281%2529_0.jpg

Hoping VTS just comes up with a solid full figure.

Agreed... this feels a bit like the time Trevor had someone cast and paint heads for him, in theory a good idea to limit recasting but in the end you got heads with sub-par paint by no-name painters for what it would have cost to have one of the top painters do it for you.

Modern Life's latest Facebook page pics of the final product up for pre-order at ML's website. I love the way they went the extra step of adding the wild hair/scalp injury detail. View attachment 225146 View attachment 225148 View attachment 225147

C'mon now... let's just be honest about your affiliation. We're not that dumb :lol

And honestly that's a pretty underwelming set of photos. Unless you guys have one of the worst photographers in the business that is a far cry from the first set of pictures you quoted.

For 350$ I'd expect Tom Hardy to personally deliver the package on my doorstep

Well, if all ya'll can do is gripe about the price...

Then you're either
a) not getting any, or
b) you've never actually CREATED something in 1:6 scale - to a reasonably high enough standard of finish - I'm not talking bought some cheap parts from Asia, and slapped them on some cheap bod you can buy for a buck off Ebay! I mean. CREATED as in sat down and agonised over how its going to turn out, were you wise to start down this road? Will you be able to see it to its conclusion - will it even be worth seeing it to a finish - is it really good enough - are your skills really good enough to take a stand against the many (and there are legions) who like to facelessly comment in the negative about EVERYTHING because it costs more than they can afford or looks better than they could EVER make (Whereas if they stopped buying the cheap throw away figures that seem to pour out just to take your dollars) then you'd probably have enough to buy a piece of art instead of knocking a girl/company's skills.

You'll not get a better Hardy sculpt than Toria's artistic Max... until its re-casted in China/Singapore/Hong Kong that is.

Just sayin' is all...

;)

Then you're either
a) not getting any, or
b) you've never actually CREATED something in 1:6 scale - to a reasonably high enough standard of finish - I'm not talking bought some cheap parts from Asia, and slapped them on some cheap bod you can buy for a buck off Ebay! I mean. CREATED as in sat down and agonised over how its going to turn out, were you wise to start down this road? Will you be able to see it to its conclusion - will it even be worth seeing it to a finish - is it really good enough - are your skills really good enough to take a stand against the many (and there are legions) who like to facelessly comment in the negative about EVERYTHING because it costs more than they can afford or looks better than they could EVER make (Whereas if they stopped buying the cheap throw away figures that seem to pour out just to take your dollars) then you'd probably have enough to buy a piece of art instead of knocking a girl/company's skills.

You'll not get a better Hardy sculpt than Toria's artistic Max... until its re-casted in China/Singapore/Hong Kong that is.

Just sayin' is all...

;)

That was a cool story

Then you're either
a) not getting any, or

Just sayin' is all...

;)

Or C..
we have better common sense than to spend $365+ shipping on a SINGLE sculpt.

Look at other custom sculpts, like RM's and Iminime.. The sculpts and paint aps are superior to this, and theyre sculpts are $175. More than a $100 for this?? its a nice sculpt, i like it, but not for almost $400...
Im sorry but MANY are not going to bite at this price.

Or C..
we have better common sense than to spend $365+ shipping on a SINGLE sculpt.

Look at other custom sculpts, like RM's and Iminime.. The sculpts and paint aps are superior to this, and theyre sculpts are $175. More than a $100 for this?? its a nice sculpt, i like it, but not for almost $400...
Im sorry but MANY are not going to bite at this price.

Literally hit the nail on the head. Stating that people are critiquing a sculpt/the price of a sculpt because they can't afford it is pretty asinine. There have been much better sculpts that required no less artistry than ML's Max for much less. Plus the sculpt is by Vimal, an artist who has a sculpt for sale in the interest section for literally 70USD. Granted, it's not painted, but ML's sculpt is not a 300USD paintjob.

Literally hit the nail on the head. Stating that people are critiquing a sculpt/the price of a sculpt because they can't afford it is pretty asinine. There have been much better sculpts that required no less artistry than ML's Max for much less. Plus the sculpt is by Vimal, an artist who has a sculpt for sale in the interest section for literally 70USD. Granted, it's not painted, but ML's sculpt is not a 300USD paintjob.
:exactly:

Back