1/4 vs 1/6 figures (not statues)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1/4 the new 1/6

• Total voters
Re: Is 1/4 the new 1/6!

Originally i was not too fussed about 1/4 but after seeing the Endo skeleton i think it looks great. I am gonna be extremely tempted when more are revealed.

I think ultimatley though its the price. 1/6 are expensive enough especially when you consider whether they might re-issue or bring out different versions of 1/4 pieces a year or 2 down the line.

The 1/4 will be around double the price of a current $200 figure, i don't imagine HT getting people to build a collection with enough success as their 1/6

Last edited:

All I know is if I'm going into 1/4 I'm going to have to cut back big-time on 1/6. These are going to be damned expensive.

I definitely want all the Terminator ones, Robocop, maybe some Predators and Aliens. No Aliens have been announced by either HT or EB but I'm sure they're inevitable.

I don't see why anyone would have a problem with 1/4. As long as the 1/4 releases don't impede 1/6 releases, then who cares? I started buying 1/6 figures when Iron Man Mark II came out, but that wouldn't stop me from buying 1/4 figures as long as they look great and even better than there 1/6 counterparts. I would KILL for a 1/4 Chris Reeve Superman. The 1/6 was a grail for me but 1/4 would be even better.

Last edited:

I have no interest in 1/4 scale figures. Some of them look great but they are far too large to handle and display.

Re: 1/4 vs 1/6

I will continue to collect 1/6 even after jumping into 1/4.

But the reality is that one single 1/4 center piece will easily steal the attention away from all your 1/6 pieces.

Upon entering the room the eyes will just naturally gaze upon the tallest and the mind will easily proclaim it king.

What about the price difference and itch to collect? Four 1/4 figures make up around eight 1/6 figures, so you'd have to order alot less each year or spend much more to scratch that itch.

Last edited:

What about the price difference and itch to collect? Four 1/4 fogure make up around eight 1/6 figures, so you'd have to order alot less each year or spend much more to scratch that itch.

yeah, if the 1/4 is double the price of the 1/6, I will definitely get 2 1/6 instead

yeah, if the 1/4 is double the price of the 1/6, I will definitely get 2 1/6 instead

Well I don't know. With this reasoning I actually feel like it makes the 1/4 seem like a much more appropriate and worthwhile purchase. They are absolutely massive and it looks like overall quality is much greater than the 1/6 counterparts. While not quite twice the height, they are somewhere around fifty percent taller I believe. In the end it might start to become the better choice especially if Hot Toys wants to charge well over $200 just for a 1/6 scale figure.

I will continue to collect 1/6 even after jumping into 1/4.

But the reality is that one single 1/4 center piece will easily steal the attention away from all your 1/6 pieces.

Upon entering the room the eyes will just naturally gaze upon the tallest and the mind will easily proclaim it king.

Yeah, but it won't be long until there's an even larger scale to grab the attention away from 1/4 scale figures, and so on, and so forth. By my estimates of the current trend:

1/6 ---> 1/4 ---> 1/2 ---> 1/1 ---> 2/1 ---> ????/asdf ---> wadaphoque/lolcats

To me it seems that if you're going to make something 1/4 scale, why not just make it a mixed-media statue? One of the selling points of 1/6, at least for me, is that is still a figure/doll/whatever. Its a scale that's been around since the original Joe's. It works. You can have great sculpts, great articulation, but still retain their functionality of being 'toys'.

1:1 is kind of weird to me (Human based anyway)

1/6 is affordable and getting better all the time,best for human representations imo

1/4 is my favorite though,mainly with statues,the only 1/4 scale figures i'd by are non human such as the Endo's and Robocop

Back