1:4 Superman, 13" Batman MSRP, On Sale Dates

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this thread hasn't posted in for a long time, but I was wondering if anyone did pick up the Superman 1:4 Museum Quality Statue from DCD? If anyone has it could they post pics if they can and review it a bit. I just found out about this statue and am thinking of picking it up. Thanks in advance guys.

Jasehas one and I think Eli might have one too. They're both members here. Statueforum.com has many members (actually a whole section dedicated to DC stuff) who own this statue along with a great deal of reviews.

Yes, I have one. Unfortunately I don't have a camera to show you what the production piece looks like (and I'm shocked that Carbo didn't mention that! :lol ). The statue looks much better in person than it does in pics, especially the crappy solicit pics that DCD issued. Could the statue be better? Yes, but it's a fine piece with excellent quality, and I'm very happy to have it in my collection.

Thanks for the review Jase. I was hoping it was one of those pieces that looks better in person than in pics. I saw a review on it through superherotimes also and it wasn't exactly glowing, so that made me feel a little uneasy also. I'll think about it some more, get some more opinions if I can. Unfortunately Statueforums.com is down right now, has been for a few days actually, or at least I can't get to it. If I do decide to get it, being able to scrape the funds together is always an issue too unfortunately. By the way my brother has the 1:4 Wonder Woman from DCD pre-ordered over at BigBadToyStore, what do you think of that so far Jase and everyone else who decides to post. Keep posting your opinions and pics of the 1:4 Superman also whoever has it, since statueforum is being retarded.....:banghead

Yes, I have one. Unfortunately I don't have a camera to show you what the production piece looks like (and I'm shocked that Carbo didn't mention that! :lol ). The statue looks much better in person than it does in pics, especially the crappy solicit pics that DCD issued. Could the statue be better? Yes, but it's a fine piece with excellent quality, and I'm very happy to have it in my collection.

Get a camera you bum. :gun:lol

Thanks for the review Jase. I was hoping it was one of those pieces that looks better in person than in pics. I saw a review on it through superherotimes also and it wasn't exactly glowing, so that made me feel a little uneasy also. I'll think about it some more, get some more opinions if I can. Unfortunately Statueforums.com is down right now, has been for a few days actually, or at least I can't get to it. If I do decide to get it, being able to scrape the funds together is always an issue too unfortunately. By the way my brother has the 1:4 Wonder Woman from DCD pre-ordered over at BigBadToyStore, what do you think of that so far Jase and everyone else who decides to post. Keep posting your opinions and pics of the 1:4 Superman also whoever has it, since statueforum is being retarded.....:banghead

I have the 1:4 Wonder Woman on preorder from BBTS as well. There are a few things about the solicit photos of WW that I'm not thrilled with, but I ordered her anyways - she is my favorite character! The DCD 1:4 are nice, but they aren't quite on par with Sideshow.

I also have the 1:4 Batman and I'm very happy with that one. If you don't have that one, and choose to order it, be careful about the broken arm problem that plagues poor Bats. If you need more details, lemme know.

I post over at Statue Forum as well and I haven't been able to get the site to load since Saturday. But really, it doesn't bother me much because:

Freaks > SF :D

EDIT: One more thing on the 1:4 Superman - make sure that the opinions that you get are from people that actually own the statue, or at least those that have seen it in person. Too many people poo poo on a statue based on solicit photos, and it's not a fair judgement IMO.

Thanks for all the input Jase, much appreciated. I'll admit the Batman 1:4 does look better than the Superman, but I've always been more of a Superman kind of guy, which sucks cause honestly I'm just not impressed enough with the 1:4 Statue, at least not for $300. The Batman is tempting though. If only Sideshow had snagged the DC license......I'd probably wet myself if that ever ended up happening.

Back