1/4 Scale Super Alloy Iron Man 3 Figures from Play Imaginative

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definitely agree with the paint. That's why I was specific to call it out as a differentiator. To your point to compare a non-battle damaged figure with clean paint is difficult. However if you would face the figures and look at the proportions, the Play Imaginative figure has way better size and a more realistic look. I'll take a head on and post it when I get home from work to illustrate this.

I really think HT nailed the 1/4 Mark 43 and it should look awesome next to this piece. The 1/4 43 doesnt have the elongated torso and the chicken legs that the 1/6 43 has. The shoulder bells are perfect and the paint apps look amazing on it.

Looking forward to your post. I just ordered Patriot so I will definitely be posting pictures when he arrives. What was the exclusive item that came with war machine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah ok. Thanks. I would use the helmet version for sure to go with the full Stark head sculpt coming with the 43.

Should I be concerned in the long term for the joints getting weak because it is die cast?

I know issues with 1/6 HT die cast joints...

Thinking of picking one up...what was the price/what is a good price for this?

I would imagine secondary market poor given everyone wants HTs

I see what you mean.. The proportions are excellent. Looks very solid and sturdy. Thanks for sharing. Does he stand well on his own?

You are welcome! Actually he does. It's a big hulking figure with stiff joints. He kind of creaks when the waist and arms are articulated. Definitely held together well. I think you will be impressed with IP.

man great pics, just had mine ordered yesterday, cannot wait. now i need to find iron patriot...

I have had about an hour with IP and the words WOW, HEAVY and QUALITY come to mind. That first attempt at pulling him out the packaging is a real eye opener. So this is what 80% diecast feels like! I like it! It has a very nice paint job.. Not glossy.. Just a solid and even application with natural shine. I have seen one spot near the left elbow where the paint is not smooth but that nitpicking. They absolutely NAILED the proportions. Nothing skinny about this guy. It really has the bulk to give the impression that a guy could fit in there. I have not tried out the lights yet. One thing I noticed immediately and love is that the eyes of the light up helmet are white.. Even when the light is off. This is great. On the Hot Toys version I put white reflective tape on the inside of the visor to achieve this same effect. The James Rhodes sculpt is good. Not as good as Hot Toys but not bad at all. I have not touched the base yet.

Be very careful when handling the articulated hands. I heard in the video review that the armor piece on the hand is prone to popping off so I was super careful while removing them from the packaging. The little armor piece is on hinge that lets it move up and down. That makes it very difficult to get a good grip while forcing the hand onto the ball joint without applying too much pressure to the hinge or the articulated thumb. I totally thought I was going to break the hands but I managed. Whew.. I think that is all for now. Excellent.. Excellent figure guys. Go Get It Before They Are Gone!!

7659a457f8cc3b61a4b96303d522bc5b.jpg

d76c3b9eed7287372099d996e9da17b6.jpg

49471f922489b81c012f110046276c6f.jpg

df119d475b4de6adb96609817ce2bb5b.jpg

b58917934a62b9499aab6ec306a1f9ef.jpg

36b313b46acd94d5a56f3685406c8bce.jpg

7640b4389fffa1bea8366d0f4170a80b.jpg

9d18869fe7a433b0cc3b85dbf195a2a7.jpg

24f0597f74350952df85f9ce264f8155.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great. The paint is very nice I do like the matte metal flake with a low sheen, makes the armor really look refined and finished. Tha plastic piece is tricky to pull out below the upper torso. I think you have to twist the top to loosen it from the body. The size, het and proportions are really something to see.

How are the Battle damage pieces? Good weathering?

Is Rodey's right eye of a tad with the paint? It may be shooting off to the right a little but that could be camera distortion.

I think I'm just going to leave all of the plastic separators in place for now. If they irk me down the line I will remove them. Yep.. His right eye is slightly off to the right. I meant to call that out.

Back