1/4 Scale Super Alloy Iron Man 3 Figures from Play Imaginative

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
935606_10152753339395648_509210782_n.jpg

Heads up, 1/12 scale coming soon.
I hope they will display the prototype at the exhibition area, so I can check them out this Friday before I catch Iron Man 3 in the cinema.

Here's hoping that 1/12 scale is below $150, otherwise they won't be worth it.

I hope they will display the prototype at the exhibition area, so I can check them out this Friday before I catch Iron Man 3 in the cinema.

Ummm no space armor? :dunno

I wonder if these will be true 1/4th scale and in scale with say Enterbay 1/4 figures. 46 cm sounds a bit too short in height for the Mark 42.. But I don't have the real life dimensions of the suit so I can't possibly know.

:crying Too many Iron Mans coming out, too much money!! :panic:

Theses are a neat alternative, or to be able to get some other suits that may be less desirable. I agree though that they need to be at that price point, and I would like to have at least a light up arc reactor and eyes for these. Otherwise they are just fancy metal marvel select figures.

I know the hands are to small for lighting up, but they could make the chest and eyes light up.

Ok, I went down to look at the prototypes on display today and I have to say.....nope, can't put my money down for any of them at the moment.

Not sure if this was mentioned before, all the prototypes on display has a disclaimer which states something like this
"Plastic prototype shown, final figure will have better details etc...."
Well, you get the gist.

It's really hard to put down $700SGD based on plastic prototypes and I have to say the paint job on these plastic prototypes are pretty sloppy.

The good news though is that the paint job on the 1/6 Mark VII which is an actual figure looks pretty damn awesome.

But for the moment, I guess I'll just stick with the HT 1/6 scale and maybe get a NECA 1/4 scale Iron Man if I really want something big in my collection.

Ok, I went down to look at the prototypes on display today and I have to say.....nope, can't put my money down for any of them at the moment.

Not sure if this was mentioned before, all the prototypes on display has a disclaimer which states something like this
"Plastic prototype shown, final figure will have better details etc...."
Well, you get the gist.

It's really hard to put down $700SGD based on plastic prototypes and I have to say the paint job on these plastic prototypes are pretty sloppy.

The good news though is that the paint job on the 1/6 Mark VII which is an actual figure looks pretty damn awesome.

But for the moment, I guess I'll just stick with the HT 1/6 scale and maybe get a NECA 1/4 scale Iron Man if I really want something big in my collection.

Now thats interesting. IF I had the option of getting these for a reasonable price, I would definitely hold off until I saw the real alloy product. I'm not saying it false advertisement by showing us a PLASTIC proto of what will be an ALLOY figure. But I certainly wouldn't put any money down based on them being plastic.

There is way too much uncertainty with this line and company for me to invest in any of them at this point. I would have to see in hand pics before I took the leap. Showing plastic prototypes for diecast figures is very odd imo.

My guess is they probably rushed these prototypes out to coincide with the movie release of Iron Man 3. Which explains why the 1/12 scale prototypes were are only put on display a few days after their exhibition started.

That said, Play Imaginative has always have a good track record with their vinyl figures.

So here's hoping that the eventual product will be good. But for now, Hot Toys 1/6 still seems like a better choice for IM3 figures.

*Interesting enough, Hot Toys also has an Iron Man 3 mini exhibition at our local HT distributor store ActionCity just two stories above where Play Imaginative is holding their exhibition. Talk about competition.*

Posted on their facebook page:

"Will be announcing some official distributors for all our products real soon. Stay tuned.."

They also said earlier that the 1/4th scale figures would be a world wide release.

I'm just wondering if those PI figures on display at the IM3 showcase are 3D statue printouts based on Marvel's 3D data, or are they the actual articulated figures?

Looking at this pic,
524998_475653572507631_1057067466_n.jpg
, we can see the difference between Hot Toys' 3D printout ver. of the Mark 42, and the articulated ver.

If the figures on display at PI's showcase already have articulation built into them, I'd say they look miles better than HT's efforts.

My guess is that it does have articulation. Look closely at the photos and the videos. You can see the joints at the knees and elbows for an example. One shoulder is higher than the other and one arm is sticking out more to the side. I doubt a 3D printout would be like that. The figure looks like it's leaning to the side.. So yeah, must be articulation already built in.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2ujbs9ITg0[/ame]

Back