1/4 scale cave Troll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So......when do I see a Star Wars Rancor of this size?

All I can see now when I look at this.

Hey cool. Didn't know a thread had been allowed here for my cave troll. I made one before and it got moved to the custom section. Maybe because it's actually a thing now and not a drawing it's allowed :)

FYI I'm the one commissioning and art directing this bad boy. Glad everyone is liking it! So if anyone who isn't on facebook has questions, let me know.

Base will get worked on next. Going for arrows, orc blades and orc and dwarf skulls. Then off to painting!

Even though I asked for a 1/4 cave troll, I'm still floored by the size every time I look at it. It's a real show stopper. I think it's either a front entrance piece, maybe the outstretched arm can make a good coat hanger lol. Or it feels like it belongs in a garden.

I saw pics of it beside other big 1/4 statues and it dwarfs them. Any idea of the weight of just the troll? I'm on the list but the cost of shipping scares me. It'll be one big box...yikes.

We don't know the final weight yet. Will find the right balance of solid/hollow points to save weight. If it was completely solid it would be impossible to ship. It may come in two boxes as well. Figuring it out. Shipping won't be cheap but don't want it getting too out of hand either.

Keeping the weight down is important, and so are reasonable shipping costs, but not at the expense of a damaged model. With an awesome piece like this, I don't mind paying a small amount more to ensure a safe arrival!

Can't wait! This thing is amazing!

Yeaaaaaa Jacob looking really really good no amazing

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

when is the proto estimated to be completed painted and all? and when would it be shipping to consumers?

when is the proto estimated to be completed painted and all? and when would it be shipping to consumers?

Hoping for about 2 months until proto is ready and another couple months after that until first ones start to ship.

They got the finger/nail wrong...:slap nail suppose to be the part of the tip of the finger.
But still.. statue looks great.

Can you show me comparison pics so I can see what you mean? We are going for accuracy but I didn't notice anything about the nails. Been comparing it to the weta cave troll.

StramatKim_09_TROLL FINAL__r_hand03.jpg

I could not find better pics. but if you see the special feature of Cave Troll on Extended DVD set of Fellowship of the ring, you can hear Richard Taylor explaining about the tip of the Cave Troll's finger.

Interesting.

Going through ny photos of weta's troll, you are right. Don't know how I missed that. I'm not sure if there is time to fix that, but I'll try. Thanks for pointing it out!

They now working on the base and will be correcting the fingers

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Molding the base. Paint is next. Then add the metal spikes to the collar and chain along with the loin cloth.

Wow! This looks like a beast! I couldn't even begin to imagine where I'd put it. It will surely be the most talked about piece in anybody's collection. I can't wait to see how those who are getting it display it-it will look AWESOME!

Looking forward to seeing the updates.

Back