1/4 Hot Toys - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett (Official HT Toy Soul Reveal)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys Boba Fett... or maybe 1/4?

:lol

Yep. There was also something cheap about the whole movie too. Couldn't put my finger on it. Poorly directed for sure. Mismatched shots. Weak acting. Really fake looking creatures -- I mean, the Cantina was hokey too but it wasn't trying to hold up the entire 30 minute opening section of the film.

This was the first Star Wars that was made strictly for kiddies... instead of for the kid in all of us.

I was 13 when ROTJ came out and I still loved it, though I could recognise its flaws. The previous two movies had perfect three act structures, ROTJ had two spectacular halves with a quiet bit in-between. The only scene with any tension was when they fly past the shuttle past Vader. And while I liked the Jabba sequence, the Endor sequence looked too much like Earth (though not as much as TPM) after the galactic scale and world-building of the first two. If they'd stuck with the original script, which had a lot of Coruscant in it, it would have fitted in better with the first two.

As for it looking cheap I think that's down to the film stock they used.

One of the many cool things about ANH and ESB is that literally every location was this amazing new world. Tatooine, Death Star, Yavin in ANH and Hoth, Dagobah, Cloud City in ESB. ESB repeated nothing from ANH.

Then with ROTJ they hit the "recycle" button. Tatooine. Again. Dagobah. Again. Death Star. Again. The one "new" locale was the teddy bear forest.

And I remember 1986 as being the dark year that there wasn't an epic Lucas/Spielberg summer movie. I was fine with ROTJ as a 9 year old, then loved Gremlins (and TOD) in '84, then BTTF in '85. 1986, 87, or 88? Nothin. :(

Yeah, 1986 lots of things changed. But like I said, up to Jedi, everything Lucas and Spielberg did was gold to me (minus 1941). Jedi fell flat. The next year, Indy was good but not great -- and Lucas and Spielberg lost the summer to Ghostbusters. That was huge at the time -- you guys have no idea.

One of the many cool things about ANH and ESB is that literally every location was this amazing new world. Tatooine, Death Star, Yavin in ANH and Hoth, Dagobah, Cloud City in ESB. ESB repeated nothing from ANH.

Then with ROTJ they hit the "recycle" button. Tatooine. Again. Dagobah. Again. Death Star. Again. The one "new" locale was the teddy bear forest.

I always felt their choice of locations was as lazy as the rest of Jedi. Just one more reason...

Answer's pretty much at beginning of thread. All signs point to it being 1:4 scale.

Except the thread title is still 1:6 or maybe 1:4. So assuming there has not been a definitive answer until official word comes down.

Except the thread title is still 1:6 or maybe 1:4. So assuming there has not been a definitive answer until official word comes down.
Check out the picture.

The 1/4 logo is pretty easy to make out at the bottom left & right corners. :duff

Easy pass if it is indeed 1/4 but a definite PO if it is 1/6. I'm really hoping for 1/6. :pray:

Yeah, it's being left that way until there is an announcement. That's why I said "all signs", as in it's not definitive just yet.

Why wouldn't it be 1/4? They know Fett has got his own sub-fanbase that will buy anything Fett, and with no PERS, HS or human paint apps to worry about they can make this cheap and sell it for $$$$$$$.

Why wouldn't it be 1/4? They know Fett has got his own sub-fanbase that will buy anything Fett, and with no PERS, HS or human paint apps to worry about they can make this cheap and sell it for $$$$$$$.

I don't know. Fett is one of the special cases where EVERYTHING will be scrutinized more than normal and I actually think, with all the detail of his costumes, PERS or a human sculpt would've been the least of their concerns.

I don't know. Fett is one of the special cases where EVERYTHING will be scrutinized more than normal and I actually think, with all the detail of his costumes, PERS or a human sculpt would've been the least of their concerns.

When it comes to collectors here there are no "least concerns". :lecture

I'd say it's pretty much a lock that it's a 1/4, but I don't know for sure so I think waiting until we get official word is the way to go.

I'd say it's pretty much a lock that it's a 1/4, but I don't know for sure so I think waiting until we get official word is the way to go.

Agreed. I saw the 1/4 emblem as well, but no official confirmation. Then the thread detailed into other things. For all we know they could be doing a 1:6 and 1:4 simultaneously. Boba's a decent enough character to throw in there and test the waters on 1:4, although the default is typically Vader. I'm only planning on 1:6, but might pick up a few 1:4 if they are either characters that haven't been done by Sideshow like Lando, Royal Guard or Padme, or likeness upgrades for Luke, Leia and Han (and a furry Chewbacca).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back