1/4: Hot Toys - QS009 - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree, awesome and helpful synopsis. I missed the EB and I'm amped for this figure.

Cannot wait to pose it next to the TDKR !

IBM3H22.jpg

No regrets here. I made a custom cape were its draped over its shoulders. I removed the clips from the stock cape and just reversed them were they slide a bit under the cowl and hold very good. As far as the crotch grabber I took some very fine sand paper and took the burrs off it witch is what was causing the scratches on DeanKnights figure. Glued the gauntlets together to make then one piece and then sprayed them gloss black.

No regrets here. I made a custom cape were its draped over its shoulders. I removed the clips from the stock cape and just reversed them were they slide a bit under the cowl and hold very good. As far as the crotch grabber I took some very fine sand paper and took the burrs off it witch is what was causing the scratches on DeanKnights figure. Glued the gauntlets together to make then one piece and then sprayed them gloss black.

Like to see pics of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I told before, I'm very disappointed :( Very lazily release... I would say: 3 of 5

1. The laziest stand Iā€™ve ever seen. 1/4 are so rare, but Hot Toys are still trying to save their net price on cheap dioramas. Shame!

2. Folding Batarangs should be bigger than usual. It is foldable to fit on the belt ā€” that's the whole point!). Hot Toys have you watched a movie?

3. Small Batarangs (as Hot Toys called it themselves in discription) ā€” wrong form and not small at all.

4. Batarang pouches (specially for folding ones) ā€” wrong form. Enterbay were closer. Besides, two folding Batarangs must be in one pouch.

5. Wrong colour of gauntlets.

6. Black straps completely miss original ones. It must be attached to the belt (remember the scene where Bruce cut it off).

7. Why sonar devise is silver!? It is black in a film! In both boots? Doubtfulā€¦

8. Where is the Pneumatic Mangler? I know that it was in the second film, but HT did Backpack and Sonar Eyes from the second movie for QS001.

9. Where is the infra-red periscope? Device HT called ā€œflexible periscopeā€ is a Rock-Drill and it is not even look like movie one (not even flexible as in QS001).

10. Bat Bombs!?!? There were two bomb sizes in the film! Where at least one!?

11. Where is PERS!?!? Fixed eyes in 1/4 cowl!!!? Really?

12. Bad headsculpt :(

It is still best BB 1/4 suit on market, but for such a long-awaited release ā€” very bad work. Enterbay suit was not so good, but still more attentions to details of gadgets.

I am counting that for everyone who pre-ordered this set, Hot Toys should release a separate bundle with missing and corrected gadgets, worthy stand and cowl with PERS.

As I told before, I'm very disappointed :( Very lazily release... I would say: 3 of 5

1. The laziest stand Iā€™ve ever seen. 1/4 are so rare, but Hot Toys are still trying to save their net price on cheap dioramas. Shame!

2. Folding Batarangs should be bigger than usual. It is foldable to fit on the belt ā€” that's the whole point!). Hot Toys have you watched a movie?

3. Small Batarangs (as Hot Toys called it themselves in discription) ā€” wrong form and not small at all.

4. Batarang pouches (specially for folding ones) ā€” wrong form. Enterbay were closer. Besides, two folding Batarangs must be in one pouch.

6. Black straps completely miss original ones. It must be attached to the belt (remember the scene where Bruce cut it off).

7. Why sonar devise is silver!? It is black in a film! In both boots? Doubtfulā€¦

8. Where is the Pneumatic Mangler? I know that it was in the second film, but HT did Backpack and Sonar Eyes from the second movie for QS001.

9. Where is the infra-red periscope? Device HT called ā€œflexible periscopeā€ is a Rock-Drill and it is not even look like movie one (not even flexible as in QS001).

It is still best BB 1/4 suit on market, but for such a long-awaited release ā€” very bad work. Enterbay suit was not so good, but still more attentions to details of gadgets.

I am counting that for everyone who pre-ordered this set, Hot Toys should release a separate bundle with missing and corrected gadgets, worthy stand and cowl with PERS.

Yeah, Iā€™m really surprised no mini bombs especially when they already made them for the 1/4 TDKR figure??

If they'd got the matte finish on the suit right, included a cape that could wrap around him and the pers system so he could look to the sides this would have been near perfect. Those are my only real disappointments with the figure.

If they'd got the matte finish on the suit right, included a cape that could wrap around him and the pers system so he could look to the sides this would have been near perfect. Those are my only real disappointments with the figure.
IMO a much better solution than PERS is multiple headsculps like EB did back then

Enviado desde mi G8441 mediante Tapatalk

IMO a much better solution than PERS is multiple headsculps like EB did back then

Enviado desde mi G8441 mediante Tapatalk

That would be ideal of course...I was just being realistic :lol I can't see HT ever doing that. I love the EB cowl where he's looking to his right. The QS001 allows the eyes to be moved but something is very off with that cowl.

Great points!...lazy is the word i'd use too...with there only being a handful of 1/4 scale releases..these should really come with all the "bells and whistles" and nothing left out.

Agree..this could have been near perfect with a few tweaks...maybe one of HT very best! Great shame...

That would be ideal of course...I was just being realistic :lol I can't see HT ever doing that. I love the EB cowl where he's looking to his right. The QS001 allows the eyes to be moved but something is very off with that cowl.

What hot toys could of done was do exactly what they did with the bvs cowel.. with the different eye sculpts and mouths..and at 1/4 scale probably be more heavy duty

Back