1/4: Hot Toys - QS009 - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also a pic of both the Enterbay and the SQ009 together, again not the best sorry. I prefer the cowl on the Enterbay, it's the eyes I think but I honestly like both. Every other aspect the QS009 wins hands down. It's a wonderful figure, zero regrets here.

Nice comparison. I still see more of Bale in the EB version and prefer the look of the suit over HT.

And it's a shame they didn't incorporate the pers system into the cowl...[/QUOTE]

I agree on the pers, it works so well on the QS001 so why omit it here? I always like to have Batman looking to the side when possible.

The three mouth plates I really like, certainly see Bale in all of them. The eyes and rest of the cowl Enterbay wins.

batman8.jpg

It confuses me how HT continue to get Bale's eye colour wrong, again they are brown here. NECA and Enterbay got the right colour first time.

For the classic cape wrapped around him pose I don't think Enterbay can be beaten. It's just perfect when displayed like that, still takes my eye every time I enter the room. Sadly it's a glorified statue though, the build quality feels so flimsy I'm always scared of breaking something inside. This HT figure is vastly superior in that regard. Neither is perfect but I love both for different reasons.

Very curious to see the EB cowl on the qs009.

Best I can do for now sorry, light disappearing fast. It doesn't really fit but probably could in theory if a longer neck peg was found or made. Again that is Jaxon's custom cape I'm using with the Enterbay clips.

batman9.jpg

Yes, it should be fairly easy to remove the cape from the clips but I doubt you'd be able to use it again. It's stitched on and held pretty firmly. A custom cape made of a thinner material should then be held in place with the force of the magnets just as the Enterbay figure is.

In fact I've just tried the Jaxon custom cape from my Enterbay Batman on the Hot Toys figure and it works perfectly. This is using the clips from the Enterbay as the clips you get with the QS009 are stitched to the cape like I said. Hope that makes sense, I'm confusing myself here. :lol

View attachment 416863

Also a pic of both the Enterbay and the SQ009 together, again not the best sorry. I prefer the cowl on the Enterbay, it's the eyes I think but I honestly like both. Every other aspect the QS009 wins hands down. It's a wonderful figure, zero regrets here.

View attachment 416864

That looks amazing. Sadly and obviously when it comes to hot toys they can’t make a good cape. I was gonna go the custom route regardless and now I’m glad I kept my enterbay Batman. Having it in person, which do you favor?

That looks amazing. Sadly and obviously when it comes to hot toys they can’t make a good cape. I was gonna go the custom route regardless and now I’m glad I kept my enterbay Batman. Having it in person, which do you favor?

:lol that's not an easy question!

For sheer aesthetics in a museum pose Enterbay. The cowls and finish on the suit are more pleasing to my eye, though of course its subjective. I still consider it the best looking figure in my collection.

For everything else Hot Toys. It's a lot of fun to play around with. Build quality, materials, accessories, dimensions of the body are far superior. The cape is okay if you are happy to have it behind him. Will need a custom just as the Enterbay did to reach it's full potential.

I suppose if one had both figures and came up with a solution to make one of the spare Enterbay cowls fit securely on the HotToys body and finished it with a custom cape then you would have the ultimate Batman Begins figure. I'm glad to have both. Would hate having to choose between them right now.

View attachment 416864

Geez enterbays still holds up pretty damn good compared to the new hot toys. The hot toys alone looks good but damn not compared to enterbay. It’s Hot Toys Batman begins and Enterbays THE BEAST

A quick shot of him wearing the balaclava. It tells you in the instructions not to leave it on for long at a time, nice to have though.
batman13.jpg

Another next to the QS001.
batman11.jpg

I think for now I'll have him sporting the first night out look next to the cloaked Enterbay and maybe find inspiration for a more dynamic pose in the cowl later.
batman16.jpg

Feels like I'm just spamming this thread now. :lol

Not at all, we appreciate the pics! Looks great in natural light.

I will echo what has been said several times before, what the heck is with that base?
Looks so stinkin' cheap compared to the figure… at least the QS001 had a nice base.

Not at all, we appreciate the pics! Looks great in natural light.

I will echo what has been said several times before, what the heck is with that base?
Looks so stinkin' cheap compared to the figure… at least the QS001 had a nice base.

I actually like the base apart from the really tacky plastic bats stuck on the front either side of the name plate. The orange sky is matte and the black bats making up the symbol gloss. Looks kinda nice if it wasn't for that crap they stuck on the front. :lol

The Bale sculpt is growing on me a lot. Really good sculpt, I see plenty of Bale in it. The QS001 has the better paint app though. The skin tone, fine lines on his face, stubble and even the veins around his temple really stand out. Then again this is a younger Bale so maybe that explains the softer finish here.

Double agreed.

I don't see the flaws you guys do. I loved my QS001. I believe this beats it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I want to get the HT one but I still love my EB
Waiting patiently for the HT joker since I miss EB joker.lol
Need more comparison shot with EB and HT BB suit.
8ce8a28342ce8b3becea0049b5e4ae3e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

matrix69 said:
Fantastic shots sj2106...keep them coming

Despite the flaws it's still beautiful figure...

Zurdo95D said:
^^ Agreed! Fantastic and helpful photos!

Double agreed.

I don't see the flaws you guys do. I loved my QS001. I believe this beats it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the kind comments!

I would agree it's a beautiful figure. I try to be honest in my assessments and every figure I've ever owned has flaws but in the end it's a much more enjoyable hobby not to dwell on them at the expense of all else.

It beats the QS001 for me but only because I much prefer the Begins suit. The QS001 is a great representation of TDK and TDKR and this of Batman Begins. Both are outstanding from the neck down. When you think how many of the 1/6 Batman figures have such little articulation these are a joy.

I have to be honest, I think HT haven't got either cowl quite right. Enterbay got the Begins cowl spot on, really it's perfection. But then these are action figures and you really can't articulate that figure much at all. Pluses and minuses to both versions. If you love Batman Begins and this suit I think it's well worth having both.

The other thing to bear in mind is the Enterbay doesn't scale so well with either Hot Toys 1/4 scale. For me it's a gorgeous stand alone statue and I'll display HT Nolan figures together, QS001, QS009 and QS010 Joker when he gets here.

Man I want to get the HT one but I still love my EB
Waiting patiently for the HT joker since I miss EB joker.lol
Need more comparison shot with EB and HT BB suit.
8ce8a28342ce8b3becea0049b5e4ae3e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

No reason to love the EB any less. Still an amazing piece.

Best comparison between EB and this figure will be Dean Knights videos when customs finally release his figure.

Thank you for the kind comments!

I would agree it's a beautiful figure. I try to be honest in my assessments and every figure I've ever owned has flaws but in the end it's a much more enjoyable hobby not to dwell on them at the expense of all else.

It beats the QS001 for me but only because I much prefer the Begins suit. The QS001 is a great representation of TDK and TDKR and this of Batman Begins. Both are outstanding from the neck down. When you think how many of the 1/6 Batman figures have such little articulation these are a joy.

I have to be honest, I think HT haven't got either cowl quite right. Enterbay got the Begins cowl spot on, really it's perfection. But then these are action figures and you really can't articulate that figure much at all. Pluses and minuses to both versions. If you love Batman Begins and this suit I think it's well worth having both.

The other thing to bear in mind is the Enterbay doesn't scale so well with either Hot Toys 1/4 scale. For me it's a gorgeous stand alone statue and I'll display HT Nolan figures together, QS001, QS009 and QS010 Joker when he gets here.

I have to agree with your assessment; interesting that EB has a different scale even when both are advertised as 1/4. I love the Begins suit a bit more than the TDK/R, to be frank (however latter is still a good design to me). What I find a smidgen hilarious is that in the comics Batman is shown as agile, capable of multitudes of tactical movements, however in the live-action films he looks somewhat restricted.

I'd like to pose this figure when Batman removes his cowl in the batcave after saving Rachel.

I have just received 1/4 batman begins and Its miles better than the enter-bay
Enterbay is a good figure but I also thought the body was way too skinny and the crotch part was like a woman’s ***** B4DF36BB-E5EC-4840-8FA9-E15E13F74784.jpg6D321D95-AE6C-4BE9-BF28-A245504678D7.jpgB35716CB-980F-41AA-91B0-809963CDE234.jpgD720DE81-0E8F-4A33-873E-5D5983785AF2.jpgFA6276D9-16F8-49EE-8F58-E5D7ABD243CD.jpg

:lecture Nice pics! Starting to wonder if there is something up with the cowl on mine, it seems more squashed than the one on yours but could just be the angles I guess.

I still think the Enterbay is an awesome representation of Batman Begins aesthetically as long as you don't mind it not being very poseable and the very cheap build quality compared to a Hot Toys figures.

Back