1/4: Hot Toys - QS009 - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well based on the prototype pictures, the EB cowl is still a so much better represetantion. The only mouthplate that looks good is the neutral one, the other two I just can't remember being on the movie at any scene. The EB Batman comes with 3 full heads with great likeness. Being said that, I'm still getting this figure, for the "first night" Bruce Wayne scene. I like the BW scult, the only issue it looks a bit older than it should, too thin, and too tanned, but looks good enough.

Still not sure whether to get this. I much prefer the DKR and DK suits, I missed the original 1/4 version, and I'm getting the Joker and would like a Nolan 1/4 Batman, but I don't want to get this one which isn't my favourite and then they release a DK one. Alternatively if they don't release and DK one I don't want to miss out entirely.

As much as I love Batman Begins, the suit was probably the worse on-screen Batman suit so far... and I include the Schumacher movies in that too!

As much as I love Batman Begins, the suit was probably the worse on-screen Batman suit so far... and I include the Schumacher movies in that too!

2wqbwja.jpg

I love the Begins suit! He actually looked like Batman in that movie unlike the other two movies in the trilogy with the tiny neck and armour all over his suit.

2wqbwja.jpg

I love the Begins suit! He actually looked like Batman in that movie unlike the other two movies in the trilogy with the tiny neck and armour all over his suit.

I agree I didn't like his skinny neck in BvS, but think the neck on the BB suit was too big, worse than Batman '89. Also, absolutely hated the triangular clasps for his cape, and how puffy it looked in action. Looked great in still poses, like when saving Rachel at the monorail station. Also, thought the suit looked terrible in TDK - especially the scene in the bank vault.... all in my opinion of course :wink1:

I agree I didn't like his skinny neck in BvS, but think the neck on the BB suit was too big, worse than Batman '89. Also, absolutely hated the triangular clasps for his cape, and how puffy it looked in action. Looked great in still poses, like when saving Rachel at the monorail station. Also, thought the suit looked terrible in TDK - especially the scene in the bank vault.... all in my opinion of course :wink1:

I like the Batfleck suit best and personally hope they stick with the more comic accurate grey from now on. After that BB, BR, B89 and the rest I'd rather forget about. :lol

I love this suit- mainly the real world application that was explained by Fox.

Still my favorite suit from all the movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ranking Batman suits!

I have to say that the Keaton 89 suit is my favourite of all time. But the Begins suit is a special one for me. I love the real world approach of Nolan and the Begins suit is where that all began for me. The suit is given a lot of description on-screen. So it's more than just the look, which is awesome to me. I do put the Begins suit slightly behind The Dark Knight, but only slightly. The Begins suit is raw, powerful and menacing. It really does "suit" the origin story Batman.

Hopping onto the Batwagon.

My ranking:

Returns/89
BvS
Begins

Kilmer (panther suit)
Clooney (all black suit)

TDK/TDKR
JL (Tacticool)

Still hoping for a 1/4 BVS both Regular and Armor.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Ranking Batman suits!

I have to say that the Keaton 89 suit is my favourite of all time. But the Begins suit is a special one for me. I love the real world approach of Nolan and the Begins suit is where that all began for me. The suit is given a lot of description on-screen. So it's more than just the look, which is awesome to me. I do put the Begins suit slightly behind The Dark Knight, but only slightly. The Begins suit is raw, powerful and menacing. It really does "suit" the origin story Batman.

The actual body of the suit – the advance infantry suit, is fine, looks good and is explained adequately – the basis of the mask and cape too is explained well... that doesn't actually mean that when put together it looks great though... after all, if you apply that reasoning then the Dark Knight costume is equally as good, because they explain it's purpose!
Aesthetically, the Batman '89 costume looks fantastic in most shots – even though it's completely impractical. The BvS/SS Bat Suit has no explanation at all, yet that is by far the best suit on screen.
Just giving an explaination of the suit's purpose is no yardstick for quality!

Back