1/4: Hot Toys - QS009 - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/4: Hot Toys - Quarter Scale - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

3 mouth pieces and 1 sculpt

18057047_1513384135392564_3971092195790636303_n.jpg

Wow this just got even sweeter! Love the open mouth sculpt. Wonder how long before this goes up for pre-order.

EBs version was nice but it felt really cheaply made. hated the material the suit was made of, the cape was too short and the belt didn't fit right. the bruce wayne sculpt didn't look like Bale to me. This HTs version is far superior IMO so far. its just a display proto so we need to wait a long time before it's finished, but i'm way more excited for this than i ever was with EB. i sold it after about 6 months it arrived. Then later i got HTs 1/4 TDKR and that to me is a masterpiece. the only thing that wasn't great was the cape because the material wasn't the greatest.

This looks great but I wish they Would give us this in 1/6.

EBs version was nice but it felt really cheaply made. hated the material the suit was made of, the cape was too short and the belt didn't fit right. the bruce wayne sculpt didn't look like Bale to me. This HTs version is far superior IMO so far. its just a display proto so we need to wait a long time before it's finished, but i'm way more excited for this than i ever was with EB. i sold it after about 6 months it arrived. Then later i got HTs 1/4 TDKR and that to me is a masterpiece. the only thing that wasn't great was the cape because the material wasn't the greatest.

totally agree. My EB Bats had marks on the rubber imperfections on the open mouth. The magnets for the belt and pouches were weak. Then of course the articulation was super stiff and the hands were difficult to swap. It looks great from afar but that thing just felt like it needed to be posed once and left that way. just like I mentioned in the Joker thread, regardless of likeness, the HT will more than likely have a better build quality than the EB. not to mention, if something goes wrong, it will be fairly easy to get a replacement through Sideshow.

Yup EB for me had too many problems to be considered the end all of BB Batman collectibles.

Yup EB for me had too many problems to be considered the end all of BB Batman collectibles.
It's got problems, just not $600 worth of problems

totally agree. My EB Bats had marks on the rubber imperfections on the open mouth. The magnets for the belt and pouches were weak. Then of course the articulation was super stiff and the hands were difficult to swap. It looks great from afar but that thing just felt like it needed to be posed once and left that way. just like I mentioned in the Joker thread, regardless of likeness, the HT will more than likely have a better build quality than the EB. not to mention, if something goes wrong, it will be fairly easy to get a replacement through Sideshow.

yup 100% agree :) yeah HTs 1/4 TDKR is such a solid figure, very posesble, feels like a lot of care went into it. EBs didnt for me. they nailed how bale looks in the cowl ill give them that but overall just felt cheap not worth the price. felt the same with their first Jordan figure. not sure if they improved them since? great sculpt the rest felt cheap.

Amazing display to have this next to the TDKR 1/4. I hope that they kept the scale consistent...

So PERS? Or no PERS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yup 100% agree :) yeah HTs 1/4 TDKR is such a solid figure, very posesble, feels like a lot of care went into it. EBs didnt for me. they nailed how bale looks in the cowl ill give them that but overall just felt cheap not worth the price. felt the same with their first Jordan figure. not sure if they improved them since? great sculpt the rest felt cheap.
Same with their robocop
their figures feel cheap but look good

EB's body (at least for the 1/4 Begins Batman) is indeed cheaply made. I think it was 2 years ago when I posted on the EB Batman thread that mine broke by the shoulders as I was very carefully raising the arms laterally while cleaning the suit. I had to remove the suit to see and repair the damage -- and that's how I found out that the shoulders and chest were connected by a hinge made up of thin, brittle plastic and a tiny screw that might suffice for 1/6, not 1/4 scale.

That suit material may not be for everybody, but it's surely tough! I did the "liposuction method" to make the belt fit and lose that gut, and it can withstand a good deal of stretch.

The belt, grapple gun, batarangs, and bombs from EB look very cheap as well compared to those that came with QS HT TDKR suit.

EB's body (at least for the 1/4 Begins Batman) is indeed cheaply made. I think it was 2 years ago when I posted on the EB Batman thread that mine broke by the shoulders as I was very carefully raising the arms laterally while cleaning the suit. I had to remove the suit to see and repair the damage -- and that's how I found out that the shoulders and chest were connected by a hinge made up of thin, brittle plastic and a tiny screw that might suffice for 1/6, not 1/4 scale.

That suit material may not be for everybody, but it's surely tough! I did the "liposuction method" to make the belt fit and lose that gut, and it can withstand a good deal of stretch.

The belt, grapple gun, batarangs, and bombs from EB look very cheap as well compared to those that came with QS HT TDKR suit.

Yeah, i really wanted to love the EB version, but after I got HTs 1/4 I was like I'll wait for them to make Begins which only took a few years :lol. Back then i was a completest for all TDK trilogy stuff, but over the years I let a few of the weaker pieces go or ones that were duplicates. The Begins Suit is my favorite batman suit of all time, I even have a 1:1 version of it, but EB just didn't do it for me. The material of the armor felt so thin to me, but i guess it held up for most people. Posing him was like nearly impossible :lol i was so afraid it would break or tear. I guess he did for some of you, sorry to hear that.

So this new HTs Begins is really my #1 want right now, really can't wait, and will definitely get the Joker as well :)

And its good to see they are keeping TDK Trilogy going. I still hope someday they do Ras and Fox, and would love a League of Shadows Bruce. I think they would still be in demand for a lot of collectors. Even Talia would be a figure collectors still would want. I could see a Ras/Talia Exclusive set :) but i know its probably all wishful thinking at this point :lol

I don't see this version being able to be posed better than the EB, same suit same limitations.

He will be kept in a static standing pose just like with the EB.

His suit looks glossier than EB though but maybe that's just from the flash.

I always felt that the chest on the EB was too flat I wanted it to have this imposing heroic looking chest:

IMG_0441.JPG

Doesn't look like HT has tha heroic chest either.

I bet HT is just using EB mold lol.

Last edited:

Quite possibly be the best BB HT has ever made :horror

This looks great. Just wish they release a 1/6 version. 1/4 is too large to collect.

The HT does look like it has a better head to body proportions.

EB head was too big.

Back