1/4: Hot Toys - QS009 - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably will happen one of these days...demand seems to be always there for the Nolan Bats

Probably will happen one of these days...demand seems to be always there for the Nolan Bats

I dunno, I'm thinking that after Joker that's going to be it for quite some time. The Dark Knight Rises ended the series and came out 7 years ago. Hot Toys has released so many figures from the franchise over the years and while people still love Nolan Bats (always will), I think folks have more so moved on to other iterations or properties now.

IMG_3499.jpgIMG_3508.jpgIMG_3517.jpgIMG_3507.jpg

Is this worth getting? I’m on the verge of buying it from SSC, but then again my favorite from Nolan trilogy is the 1/4 TDKR version, which goes for crazy prices nowadays.

So is this an improvement or is QS001 still the best?

Personally I don't think it's worth to buy. The likeness of the heads are off, wrong cape design, poor articulation, suit is too shiny.

Is this worth getting? I’m on the verge of buying it from SSC, but then again my favorite from Nolan trilogy is the 1/4 TDKR version, which goes for crazy prices nowadays.

I'd say as a whole, TDKR version is better than the BB, it has more articulation, accessories.. But, for me I absolutely love Batman Begins and it's my favorite BB figure.

I'm going to hang on till the end of the year in hopes I can use points and it gets some sales either on Black Friday or spooktacular. I like the figure but I find the Enterbay much better and much cheaper.

I'd just look around Ebay for a good price. Saw a sale go as low as $350 a few months ago.

But if you are comparing this to enterbay...

1. If you think HT has bad articulation, the EB is essentially a statue. The EB body is atrocious.
2. The EB upper torso also looks terrible if you don't hide hide it behind the cape because of droopy shoulders and flat chest.
3. HT cowl is a bit more accurate.
4. EB has better expressions overall.
5. EB Wayne head looks terrible, like he's about to cry.
6. EB accessories are in general cheaper feeling and painted. HT uses more metal and has more functions. Though EB does come with the TDK mangler and bat bombs.
7. Color of EB's belt and attachments are a bit more accurate. But the holster/attachment system is more accurate on HT. Another issue on EB is you have to customize the belt so that it doesn't sit on his stomach.
8. EB suit is matte (but TOO matte).
9. Cape clip sculpt is more accurate on HT. Both EB and HT placement is wrong. But EB clip is separate from cape so it's easier to attach a custom cape.
10. Gauntlets on EB is one piece, HT is separate. Though in screens you can see that the guantlets DO have some segmented pieces, just not the way HT did it. Both have inaccurate color finish and EB's blades are soft and gummy.

Last edited:
1. I get decent amount of articulation out of mine but I could see this
2. I completely disagree
3. I don't see that at all
4. Agreed
5. Looks good for the era
6. I agree with this but don't use the majority anyway
7. Easily the biggest detractor of the EB figure is the small belt
8. Disagree. The finish of the suit is far superior to what HT has offered. He looks like a Shumacher Batsuit because of that finish.
9. Cape clips suck on both
10. The blades are soft but the different pieces is a needless

I'd just look around Ebay for a good price. Saw a sale go as low as $350 a few months ago.

But if you are comparing this to enterbay...

1. If you think HT has bad articulation, the EB is essentially a statue. The EB body is atrocious.
2. The EB upper torso also looks terrible if you don't hide hide it behind the cape because of droopy shoulders and flat chest.
3. HT cowl is a bit more accurate.
4. EB has better expressions overall.
5. EB Wayne head looks terrible, like he's about to cry.
6. EB accessories are in general cheaper feeling and painted. HT uses more metal and has more functions. Though EB does come with the TDK mangler and bat bombs.
7. Color of EB's belt and attachments are a bit more accurate. But the holster/attachment system is more accurate on HT. Another issue on EB is you have to customize the belt so that it doesn't sit on his stomach.
8. EB suit is matte (but TOO matte).
9. Cape clip sculpt is more accurate on HT. Both EB and HT placement is wrong. But EB clip is separate from cape so it's easier to attach a custom cape.
10. Gauntlets on EB is one piece, HT is separate. Though in screens you can see that the guantlets DO have some segmented pieces, just not the way HT did it. Both have inaccurate color finish and EB's blades are soft and gummy.

It's funny, I agree with most of this yet still sold my QS009 and kept the Enterbay Bats. Despite all the weaknesses and crap build quality it just looks magnificent in a way the HT figure can't match for me. Obviously you need to fix the position of the belt and get a custom cape but those are easy mods.

Not yet seen anyone mod the QS009 to achieve a matte finish but maybe it's possible. The thing I disliked most was the position of the eyes and not being able to change them. Much prefer to have him looking a little to the side and EB gave us three cowls.

It's funny, I agree with most of this yet still sold my QS009 and kept the Enterbay Bats. Despite all the weaknesses and crap build quality it just looks magnificent in a way the HT figure can't match for me. Obviously you need to fix the position of the belt and get a custom cape but those are easy mods.

Not yet seen anyone mod the QS009 to achieve a matte finish but maybe it's possible. The thing I disliked most was the position of the eyes and not being able to change them. Much prefer to have him looking a little to the side and EB gave us three cowls.

I’m with you on this.
Alongside my 89 batmobile, the enterbay batman are my favourite pieces.
The batman looks like he walked off screen.
Necessary to mod the belt & replace the cape but extremely easy to do.
All the enterbay mouthplates are fantastic, you can immediately tell it’s bale & the 3 headscuplts are equally good.
The qs009 only has one mouthsculpt that slightly resembled bale the others were useless.
The qs009 weapons definitely had more of a quality feel to them tho.
I wanted to like my qs009 but he just looked like a toy alongside the enterbay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m with you on this.
Alongside my 89 batmobile, the enterbay batman are my favourite pieces.
The batman looks like he walked off screen.
Necessary to mod the belt & replace the cape but extremely easy to do.
All the enterbay mouthplates are fantastic, you can immediately tell it’s bale & the 3 headscuplts are equally good.
The qs009 only has one mouthsculpt that slightly resembled bale the others were useless.
The qs009 weapons definitely had more of a quality feel to them tho.
I wanted to like my qs009 but he just looked like a toy alongside the enterbay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had mine set up in the first night out look while I had it and did like the figure but in the end couldn't justify keeping it with other invoices starting to roll in.

Does anybody have some pictures of this with Jaxon's custom long cape? Is that my best option for a quality custom cape?

Jaxon, will you be doing a real velvet drape cape for this and the Enterbay Begins figures?

Back