1/4: Hot Toys - QS009 - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most likely I'll be gluing the gauntlets together since I know I'll NEVER pose the cape they way its advertised. Also to give them more of a gloss like the movie I have some plastic spray n shine and I'll give that a try instead up adding a clear coat over it like I've herd some one doing.

Yeah the EB mouth plates look pretty good in this figure, they don't fit as tightly as they should so those with OCD might be bothered by the small gap around the edge.

It's funny NECA is the only company to get the gauntlets right. EB and HT made theirs a little too matte.

Quick shot of the two HT' Bale heads together. I'm starting to favour the QS009 head in terms of likeness to Bale but the QS001 has a more detailed paint app.

batman004.jpg

The more I see of the QS009 compared to QS001, it makes me want to sell it and put it towards the latter. For those that have both, which do you like more?

The more I see of the QS009 compared to QS001, it makes me want to sell it and put it towards the latter. For those that have both, which do you like more?

QS009 because I love the Begins suit. But it's not that one is better than the other, simply a matter of preference. If at all possible get both, if not just choose the suit you like better.

Man seeing both side by side is stunning. I've also warmed up to the QS009 unmasked head a lot more; definitely looks like a younger Bale the more I look at it. Too bad we didn't get an unmasked cowl with this one too. The QS001 head definitely looks like the same guy who's aged in comparison to his younger counterpart.

The QS001 is an amazing figure still. Makes me debate getting the QS009. I really like the Begins suit tho. Decisions decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll never display it with the harness or the head sculpt so that's staying in the box. Now I would not mine having the 1/4 scare Dark Knight Rises but I'm not paying the stupid prices that people are asking for it.

The QS001 is an amazing figure still. Makes me debate getting the QS009. I really like the Begins suit tho. Decisions decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in the same boat, I love the Begins suit, but the QS001 looks outstanding unmasked.

Just saw deans unboxing, looks terrible lol. What were they thinking with the front of the cowl and those gauntlets, wow.

Dean's True Light showcase video is up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6Bbaon5A94

The contrast between the cape and the suit looks pretty spot on to me with the natural lighting.

I just saw that! The colours of the suit and cape looked spot on in the stuff he filmed at night.

Dean's scores for the three figures:

Interesting he gave it to HT on the cowl but EB on the eyes and mouth plates. NECA doing very well when you consider the price points of all three.

His "who scores highest" video is really interesting. I think it just further shows how good of a deal the NECA version is (in fact I think it should have won in value for money) however it's also just not in the same league as the other two. I absolutely adore NECA but overall the other 2 show a higher quality and craftsmanship due to the price inflation. I just don't really think it's a fair comparison to even throw the NECA into the mix honestly though it's still fun to see.

His "who scores highest" video is really interesting. I think it just further shows how good of a deal the NECA version is (in fact I think it should have won in value for money) however it's also just not in the same league as the other two. I absolutely adore NECA but overall the other 2 show a higher quality and craftsmanship due to the price inflation. I just don't really think it's a fair comparison to even throw the NECA into the mix honestly though it's still fun to see.

I see what you're saying but it does show how good NECA's attention to detail is. Getting the colour of the eyes and cape and the finish on the gauntlets correct ahead of high end companies like HT/EB.

Spraying the HT suit with some clear matte, the gauntlets with clear gloss and sticking a custom cape on him could get you close to the perfect Begins figure. The lack of movable eyes will always hold it back somewhat.

On the HT mouth plates I like the neutral one for museum poses and the angry one works well for taking pics in more articulated poses. The Elvis one I like less, can see why Dean gives EB the edge there.

I see what you're saying but it does show how good NECA's attention to detail is. Getting the colour of the eyes and cape and the finish on the gauntlets correct ahead of high end companies like HT/EB.

Spraying the HT suit with some clear matte, the gauntlets with clear gloss and sticking a custom cape on him could get you close to the perfect Begins figure. The lack of movable eyes will always hold it back somewhat.

On the HT mouth plates I like the neutral one for museum poses and the angry one works well for taking pics in more articulated poses. The Elvis one I like less, can see why Dean gives EB the edge there.

I can't tell in any of the pix, but what is wrong with the HT's eye color? They look dark brown to me in the pix, but its hard to tell.

I can't tell in any of the pix, but what is wrong with the HT's eye color? They look dark brown to me in the pix, but its hard to tell.

They are dark brown but I'm not sure that is accurate to Bale. The internet tells me they are brown but looking at pics they do look more the hazel colour that NECA and EB went for. Looking at pics again it's inconclusive :lol almost looks like he elements of brown and hazel in there.
296dc07416ba6c4b67c9dd9d23260ff2.jpg

They are dark brown but I'm not sure that is accurate to Bale. The internet tells me they are brown but looking at pics they do look more the hazel colour that NECA and EB went for. Looking at pics again it's inconclusive :lol almost looks like he elements of brown and hazel in there.
View attachment 417304
:lol

yeah in photos his eyes seem to have a brown center and then hazel/green on the outer part.

On another note, he put on over 40lbs to play DCheney. He looks crazy in recent pix.

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 12.30.45 AM.jpg

Back