1/4 Comicave Studios - Avengers AoU - Iron Man Mark 45 Super Alloy Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think YP was referring to this post, in the Budget Stark Comicave Hulkbuster thread, Motu -

I think the subject has been pretty well covered and chewed-over now, on several figure threads, relating to Comicave prototypes and peeps are more aware.. whether they want to take it into account on pre-orders, is imho, up to them.. as Karamazov80 says, caveat emptor.

That, and thanks. Saves me time having to dig.

I never change a single word you state btw Mtx. No need. Here's a current example buried in your newest essay:

Explain to me exactly what it is I am doing that is so wrong

I never stated you did anything wrong. Ever. This is the 2nd or 3rd time you've made something up in order to justify why you keep posting these essays. Your words, no need to change them.

Last edited:
Happened with Igor already, they are taking pre-orders now and releasing it next month or so?

Big difference between a 1/12 scale figure and a 1/4. Including the price. Something that's going to cost 600 bucks will need a much longer PO window.

Also consider the put the 1/4 mk42 up for order in 2013 and it's still not out.

Big difference between a 1/12 scale figure and a 1/4. Including the price. Something that's going to cost 600 bucks will need a much longer PO window.

Also consider the put the 1/4 mk42 up for order in 2013 and it's still not out.

I think the same thing happened with Shotgun as well, but seeing them doing that twice really makes me think that they would repeat it for the 1/4.

Didn't someone on the board posted an image of it with Pepper's head sculpt? Or was it the 1/6?

I don't know. But it's not a CMC/PI 1/4 mk42.

They started showing the 1/12 stuff back in 2013 as well. Announced those and then ten or so 1/4 scale figures. Started taking orders on war machine and iron patriot and mk42 a year before any of them came out. And it's been longer for the 42. I just don't see them getting the 1/4 45 out that quick. If they do great. But it would be completly against everything else this company has done so far.

I agree with the last few posts. I have been checking ComicCave's site each day and don't notice any changes to either of the Mark 45, or Mark 43. I'm looking for added Photos, or videos for each page. There was a video released about 6months ago for the Mark 43 showing the mask opening and closing electronically. They have not posted that video on their Mark 43 listing so this tells me they are very far away from making that an actual feature. In the end, I think we are about another year away from either a 1/4 Mark 43, or 45 from Comic Cave.

I'm glad ComicCave is NOT offering Pre orders and taking deposits which is what they did under the Play Imaginative name and then never producing the product especially in the case of the 1/4 Mark 42.

They need to focus on one scale and actually build a better reputation.

And stop trying to out gimmick hot toys. The automation on hulkbuster (which they scrapped all together) and the 43 are just going to add cost and QC issues. For a company with bad reputation on both. A 1/4 Mk43 without the automation will already be more then hot toys since they have always been higher in price then everyone else. Throw in the auto feature and this figure could be 35% (or more) then the hot toys version. And give the stand out RDJ likeness from hot toys on their 43...who's spending that much more? They would be better off making additional swap out parts or heads or some dio type piece to add. At least until they establish themselves.

And stop trying to out gimmick hot toys. The automation on hulkbuster (which they scrapped all together) and the 43 are just going to add cost and QC issues. For a company with bad reputation on both. A 1/4 Mk43 without the automation will already be more then hot toys since they have always been higher in price then everyone else. Throw in the auto feature and this figure could be 35% (or more) then the hot toys version. And give the stand out RDJ likeness from hot toys on their 43...who's spending that much more? They would be better off making additional swap out parts or heads or some dio type piece to add. At least until they establish themselves.

Agree their execution is terrible, but at least they are trying something different. Don't want another HT wannabe.

They have also shown that it can be done. Their 1/4th line is perfect. No QC issues. Should apply what they learnt there to the rest.

Agree their execution is terrible, but at least they are trying something different. Don't want another HT wannabe.

They have also shown that it can be done. Their 1/4th line is perfect. No QC issues. Should apply what they learnt there to the rest.

Their 1/4 line is FAR from perfect. They have plenty of QC issues. Their issue rate is two or three times what hot toys is.

It has had so many they canceled it and started over. 1 of the 3 Figures they actually produced (IP, war machine mk2, mk42) was so bad after production it was recalled and shelved. The other two where made by that company. I'm not sure why people have recently been saying PIs 1/4 line is free from QC issues, but it's not. Not even close. Hot toys and PI/CMC have had the marvel license the same time. Hot toys has never had a figure so bad marvel pulled part of the license (1/6 from PI) and never been so bad that the 1/4 mk42 fiasco resulted in having to completly rebrand and refunded hundreds of sales after pulling a product they already sold out. This after the IP and WM also had issues to where nearly half where returned. What's left on the market are those that at least have a chance to be fine. But only becuase the rest where recalled or returned on mass. Sorry, but when at least 1/3 of your products are so bad the company goes away, the line is not perfect my friend.

Last edited:

... At least until they establish themselves.

It looks like they are taking your advice, but they're focusing on the wrong scale. The 1/12 line is all I've seen released since Comicave took manufacturing over, which pisses me off. Like a lot of people I only became aware of this company because of there appearance at the AoU red carpet. We got bamboozled.

All I've wanted is the 1/4 Mark 45 since I saw it and all I ever see are non working prototype pics. Just put out a pretty statue like Kotobukiya if you can't make a figure. Give us something. Who did they pay off to get that publicity? Any company out there doing these figures can make a gimicky display piece, but to go in front of the world and say it will be available to collectors and then not deliver is unforgivable.

If Hot Toys or King Arts were at the premier with three 1/4 scale prototypes we would have at least one in hand by now.

Yep. If you go look at my rants when this first happened (we had like six 1/4 scale CMC hulkbuster threads lol) after the premier and everyone was freaking out I was pretty pissed about it. I knew this is exactly what would happen. As this is exactly what they had done since 2006. If you count all the 1/4 scale prototypes they have shown protos of for this license then it's around 20. They had 1/4 everything at nycc a few years ago.

If hot toys makes one proto the doesn't show up for Po in a couple months people start freaking out and slamming hot toys (go see the sneaky thread two days ago) but Pi/CMC has like 300 protos that have never been made. To like 20 figures released total. Hot toys has 500 figures released and 6 or 7 unmade protos (if you count all the ones expected before 2015 maybe 20 if you include this year that have not gone up yet). And I hear people slam hot toys all the time for it. Lol

Here's just a few they made protos of. The mk42 they even took payments on. Now CMC is telling people it's coming soon(last message was Dec 2015 from CMC)

All of these plus a few others. Throw in the 43,44,45 as well. Would be nice if they just stopped with the prototypes and make stuff. (Keep making protos in house but keep them in house.)

There's more then enough prototypes to keep them in work for years. Just make the stuff. Lol

image.jpeg
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Back