Statue 1/4 ARH Studios The Minotaur

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is always something that could of or would have been better for someone on just about every statue, this goes for me as well. Well this is what it is and after seeing it firsthand at NYCC I can say it is f#@%$!* awesome. Congrats to those that order it and I don't think any who get it will be disappointed in the least. I went to the con specifically to see the Conan dio and ended up ordering Ares as well as Conan dio. I would have ordered Minotaur also which I had no interest in but my wife doesn't want any demonic looking items in the house even though see was impressed by it too.

Last edited:
PCS has done a good amount of changes to their pieces in the past.

Anyway, I think that the club perfectly fits the character, it's a raw and savage weapon, I'd find an axe or sword too "civilized" for him. Also, the size looks appropriate since it's a one handed weapon and the Minotaur is supposed to be able to swing it to beat the hell out of his victims, from the pictures it looks as long as his arm (from wrist to shoulder). Bigger than that, and he should wield it two handed to use it effectively and I really prefer him to have the actual stance with one free hand and hunched pose, ready to advance and eventually charge.

Exactly,
Here is the best part about our hobby, as with Henry, we can get some sculptor to customize our statues for us. So let's say you don't like the mace you get a talented sculptor, to sculpt an axe for you.
And if your nice enough you can offer it to others so you share the cost.
It's not that hard to do.
As with everything we make its impossible to make everyone happy.
Now as far as Leo postings, it send to be all negative so after a while it just gets old.
I'm sure you guys see this from his postings.

I like the work of ARH. I saw that statue at the NYCC 2013 and did a video of it super impressive. But I love there Lady Angel of death. I don't remember actually what they named that statue but I will get one from them. The also have ARES which is freaking amazing. I would love to have that one as well.

When are we going to get the edition sizes on these statues?

We wait until the orders are completed by SSC
I am not sure you have noticed but ARH Studios typically does a #350-500 run ES of their statues.
Also, its not uncommon that these numbers are reduced when the orders come in.
Just look at Medusa, Thor, Athena ES numbers.
As far as collectibility and value you will see the products retain their value.

We wait until the orders are completed by SSC
I am not sure you have noticed but ARH Studios typically does a #350-500 run ES of their statues.
Also, its not uncommon that these numbers are reduced when the orders come in.
Just look at Medusa, Thor, Athena ES numbers.
As far as collectibility and value you will see the products retain their value.

Thanks for the information. They'll always retain there value to me because they're so bada$$.:lol I just hope you guys don't get into mass-production in the future because I fear it'll compromise the quality of the work. The initial profit may not be as large with the low ES, but in the long run it'll surely pay-off.:lecture

Thanks for the information. They'll always retain there value to me because they're so bada$$.:lol I just hope you guys don't get into mass-production in the future because I fear it'll compromise the quality of the work. The initial profit may not be as large with the low ES, but in the long run it'll surely pay-off.:lecture

No we like to limit our products.
We are also a small company, and have been working for 3 years now with (1) one factory.

What a hit... here the preorder is at $630 for it, since it's imported. Guess I'll go with Sideshow, reward points + lower shipping, I'll probably end up with $500 with customs and VATs.

I caved and bought the Minotaur. I tried to hold back, but it was just too cool of a statue. I'm a weak man when it comes to awesome things. I still don't thing he's quite as big as he should be. I wish ARH would post a pic of of the Minotaur next to Ares, or another 1/4 scale statue. I'm getting him regardless, but I'd still like to see one.:)

Got mine today. It was poorly crammed into the styrofoam, which scraped a ton of paint off his head. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413500775.529571.jpg

They won't replace it (none left?), but ARH offered to touch it up if I send it to them.

I just love holiday weekends. It gives me time to catch up and take pictures of all the statues I have received recently. It always seems to be feast or famine for me. This thread goes months without updates and then I get 4 pieces in a week. This past week I received this beast of a statue from ARH Studios, along with Gold Athena and Ares (I hope to get to those pictures later this weekend.) I don't use the word beast lightly. This statue is heavy, huge and down right beastly!! I cannot believe the level of detail there is in this piece. The camera simply cannot capture them all. These statues are made with details 360 degrees around it. I need to invest in a turntable as it was tough rotating this around for pictures. If you are a fan of mythological creatures and gods, then I highly recommend you check you ARH Studios. Massive statues with incredible detail and high quality sculpts and paint apps all for a moderate price. The one things I would recommend they improve on is the packaging foam. It is not the top quality styrofoam and the pellets go everywhere when you unpack the statue. Don't use low grade styrofoam to protect such a top quality work of art. I think I have heard that ARH has upgraded the styrofoam for future statues which is good news indeed if true. I cannot say enough good things about this piece, so I'll let the pictures do the talking. For more detailed pictures, visit my collection thread.

First some music...

Back